THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 05, 2008, 9:59pm   #1
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Question about limit situation (hand history)

I was wondering when you should peel flops? Here is a situation that I came across earlier...

Table 'Pan' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: 95legends ($0.85 in chips)
Seat 3: #07Lway ($1.10 in chips)
Seat 4: leweyxxx2000 ($0.32 in chips)
Seat 5: shocker198 ($1.94 in chips)
Seat 6: cloclo-49 ($0.42 in chips)
GIBALOUCO will be allowed to play after the button
#07Lway: posts small blind $0.01
leweyxxx2000: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to #07Lway [9h 9s]
shocker198: calls $0.02
cloclo-49: folds
95legends: calls $0.02
cloclo-49 leaves the table
#07Lway: raises $0.02 to $0.04
leweyxxx2000: raises $0.02 to $0.06
shocker198: folds
95legends: folds
#07Lway: calls $0.02
*** FLOP *** [Kh 5h Qd]
#07Lway: checks
leweyxxx2000: bets $0.02
#07Lway: calls $0.02

I need to be about 11% to win here to justify a call. I feel like the flop was pretty bad for a 3bet pre-flop action. Still I cannot automatically put the other guy on a K or Q. He could be doing this with pp 7-8, AJ, flush draw or even bottom pair. His preflop stats were VP$P 45% PFR15%. There is no way I should be folding here is there? What about raising? My heart feels that calling is the clear choice, but I want to hear from people that actually know what is going on here.
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 05, 2008, 11:36pm   #2
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

I think you can fold here. With a 15% PFR 5-handed, his 3-bet range from the BB probably doesn't include lower pp, lower suited connectors etc (this may be too thoughtful for these stakes, but assuming this is a reasonable player for the level). This is not a good flop and you are out of position without odds to draw for the set. If you call here, you basically are putting him on a miss and need to be prepared to call down. So do you plan to call down? If you were in position you could float and see if he gave you a free river card or a cheap showdown.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2008, 11:43pm   #3
gustavv
High Roller

gustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond reputegustavv has a reputation beyond repute

Please move up.
Imo its not possible to give strategy hints on FL $0.01/0.02.
This is like play money. I would not be surprised if he helds 72o here.

Quote:
Kommentar:
Experte darf sich jeder nennen. Das Wort ist nicht geschützt. Also weisse bescheid? Euer Kommentar- Experte

Quote:
Seid ihr und ist das deutsche Volk entschlossen, wenn die Kanzlerin es befiehlt, zehn, zwölf und - wenn nötig - vierzehn und sechzehn Stunden täglich zu arbeiten und das Letzte herzugeben für den Euro?
gustavv est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2008, 1:12am   #4
MikkeD
Poker Hobo

MikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the roughMikkeD is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavv View Post
Please move up.
He has moved up already - this is 2c/4c dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbJqswLi3uE

nm

I get a penny here and there - it's like a flock of doves left and each of them pooped 1c into my account.

What the medications can't do - let Floyd do the rest.

*sigh* Used to be a good site.

MikkeD est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2008, 1:16am   #5
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
I think you can fold here. With a 15% PFR 5-handed, his 3-bet range from the BB probably doesn't include lower pp, lower suited connectors etc (this may be too thoughtful for these stakes, but assuming this is a reasonable player for the level).
This guy was probably one of the better players I have come across with the biggest mistakes he was making were calling too much pre-flop. He was three betting hands that I consider less then 3-bet range (once three betting with QTs and A9os oop), but I only had about 75 hands on him at the time. I also had raised the last 5 or six pots so I thought he could be 3 betting slightly weaker then normal. I would say he would three bet top ten percent hands here if I was guessing (AA-66, AK-A8s, AK-ATos, &KQs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker
This is not a good flop and you are out of position without odds to draw for the set. If you call here, you basically are putting him on a miss and need to be prepared to call down. So do you plan to call down? If you were in position you could float and see if he gave you a free river card or a cheap showdown
I agree about the flop. I wasn't planning on calling him down if he made another bet on the turn so I was basically trying to justify getting 11% odds and drawing to a 4.3% out. Noted about position, I tend to forget the importance that position plays in every aspect of poker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavv
Please move up.
Earlier in the day I folded ATs on the button after the action was capped before it got to me. KQos, 69s, 7Ts, and another guy who folded on the river to a 1 big bet in what was at that time around 40big bet pot. So I understand exactly what you mean.

As for moving up, I cannot at this time.
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote