THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Mar 06, 2008, 7:26pm   #11
KingTen
Grinder

KingTen

rofl is this for real three? I honestly cant tell.
KingTen est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 06, 2008, 7:29pm   #12
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

Maybe instead of cashing out for an extended period of time, take a hold em break and play another game? Maybe a month of limit Omaha/Stud, where it isn't "sucking out" but "drawing with correct/incorrect odds" will brighten your poker outlook?
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2008, 7:54pm   #13
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Yeah, it's for real.. I cashed out from Everest and Party last night.. When I get a full time job I will start playing again, starting with $2500.
Old Mar 07, 2008, 2:02am   #14
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidMaynard View Post
What a serious case of tilt.
Imho it is a legitimate request. Clearly he is stressed out and needs relief.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 3:08am   #15
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

You'll be back before you know it.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 3:37am   #16
freemaxsteel
Flop Artist

freemaxsteel is on a distinguished road
Default tilt

we all go through tilt and or run bad. i have money on 3 sites ,when ever im running bad on one or getting bad beats i go to the other sites and play. this has worked very good for me. i also switch it up ill play NLHE and PLO. if i know im on tilt ill quit for a couple of days or play the small stakes single and multitable sit n go's. good luck recovering!
Old Mar 07, 2008, 3:43am   #17
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemaxsteel View Post
we all go through tilt and or run bad. i have money on 3 sites ,when ever im running bad on one or getting bad beats i go to the other sites and play. this has worked very good for me. i also switch it up ill play NLHE and PLO. if i know im on tilt ill quit for a couple of days or play the small stakes single and multitable sit n go's. good luck recovering!
Someone giving advice???
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 7:20am   #18
cocacoors
Doyle Look-alike

cocacoors is on a distinguished road

you know what works for me... have a few drinks and play some triple draw 2-7... that game has to be one of the best side games out there. if i am doing bad though i always step away... whether it would be watching tv or playing a round of razz or triple draw. it will come back for ya.
Old Mar 07, 2008, 9:09am   #19
balthazarr
zahltinbar

balthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond reputebalthazarr has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

In a lot of your posts you appear as a huge tiltbox and it seems to me that you are not able to handle the natural variance of the game.
I also have the feeling that you're not truly in love with the game and that you don't enjoy playing poker as much as you should do!

This is directed @anyone with tilting issues:
You play an entertaining, social game and make money while doing so:
You should feel great about it. Short-term variance doesn't matter.
If you put enough volume and commitement into the game there
will be a big green + at the end of the year and it sure wasn't
bad luck if that's not the case.

If you decide to come back to poker, either start focusing
on your leaks or (if you don't see them) hire a coach instead of
moaning about bad luck. gl
balthazarr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2008, 3:40pm   #20
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

I still like the game, I just got frustrated from running bad for 2 months. Also, I'd never had a downswing since I started 4-tabling. This was a first for me. Live and learn.

I think to pass the time I'll lurk and post in the NL strategy threads. That should help me a little!