THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:00am   #1
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of
Default Heads Up Omaha

I havent seen any heads up omaha hands on this forum so here are two

I have no reads on this villian (<10 hands with villain, I sat with him at a empty 6Max table)

Second hand of match

Seat 5: joeyjoejr ($404 in chips)
Seat 6: BjelleTang ($396 in chips)
BjelleTang: posts small blind $2
joeyjoejr: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [Qs Th 7s 8h]
BjelleTang: raises $8 to $12
joeyjoejr: raises $24 to $36
BjelleTang: calls $24
*** FLOP *** [8s 5d Ah]
joeyjoejr: bets $56
BjelleTang: calls $56
*** TURN *** [8s 5d Ah] [8d]
joeyjoejr: checks
BjelleTang: bets $72
joeyjoejr: raises $240 to $312 and is all-in

A few hands later
So far i have won pretty much every hand in the match and he may be a little tilted, but I again I know nothing about the villian

PokerStars Game #16296418275: Omaha Pot Limit ($2/$4) - 2008/03/27 - 18:56:47 (ET)
Table 'Menippe III' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 5: joeyjoejr ($582 in chips)
Seat 6: BjelleTang ($388 in chips)
joeyjoejr: posts small blind $2
BjelleTang: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [Qc Jc Kd 8h]
joeyjoejr: raises $8 to $12
BjelleTang: calls $8
*** FLOP *** [9s 3h 2c]
BjelleTang: checks
joeyjoejr: bets $20
BjelleTang: calls $20
*** TURN *** [9s 3h 2c] [Js]
joeyjoejr: checks
*** RIVER *** [9s 3h 2c Js] [Kh]
joeyjoejr: bets $56
BjelleTang: raises $124 to $180
joeyjoejr: folds
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:09am   #2
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

River checkraises make me sick.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 1:40am   #3
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
River checkraises make me sick.
Agreed, even more so when the turn goes check/check

Seemed like an super easy value bet when I hit runner/runner top two but I threw up when he check raised. He shouldnt have Q10 but of course since its omaha he could
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:31am   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Wow that first hand is sick. Your c/r is only getting called by a better hand unless your opponent is insane.

Thankfully, he rarely has you beat there, and you're almost always picking the pot up w/o a showdown, but the times he does call you're getting crushed.

Are you seeking advice on the first hand? Or was it just supposed to help us with a 'read'? It's pretty useless for a read on the opponent tbh, although it does demonstrate you play overly tricky and risk your stack a little light sometimes.

On the second hand, I bet less on river (like $40). Won't he bet out QT on the river? Here's where we need a read - we need to know how YOU are playing. I'm guessing you're playing the usual LAG/luckbox style () but that's the key question here. I would never expect an opponent to go for a c/r with QT on the river here if they were playing against me, because I don't bet as light for value as I figure you do, so their chances of pulling off a c/r would be smaller.

It also depends on whether he would figure you to have a hand like kkxx and go for a value bet.

This is actually a much more marginal spot HU than it seems. Usually if you face a massive raise on the end in omaha its an easy fold, but the c/r just seems so out of place. But if you're playing the way I expect you were, it was probably the right fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:45am   #5
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

They were like ~15 hands in or less in hand 2....
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 2:55am   #6
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
Wow that first hand is sick. Your c/r is only getting called by a better hand unless your opponent is insane.

Thankfully, he rarely has you beat there, and you're almost always picking the pot up w/o a showdown, but the times he does call you're getting crushed.

Are you seeking advice on the first hand? Or was it just supposed to help us with a 'read'? It's pretty useless for a read on the opponent tbh, although it does demonstrate you play overly tricky and risk your stack a little light sometimes.

On the second hand, I bet less on river (like $40). Won't he bet out QT on the river? Here's where we need a read - we need to know how YOU are playing. I'm guessing you're playing the usual LAG/luckbox style () but that's the key question here. I would never expect an opponent to go for a c/r with QT on the river here if they were playing against me, because I don't bet as light for value as I figure you do, so their chances of pulling off a c/r would be smaller.

It also depends on whether he would figure you to have a hand like kkxx and go for a value bet.

This is actually a much more marginal spot HU than it seems. Usually if you face a massive raise on the end in omaha its an easy fold, but the c/r just seems so out of place. But if you're playing the way I expect you were, it was probably the right fold.
On the first hand ...

Im usually winning and I think check/calling and looking to maybe call a river bet depending on the river card is the the best play, I chose crazy check raise in the .2 seconds I took at the time to make a decision because I dont want to give free cards to the straight draw. I do agree I'm not getting called by worse unless my opponent puts me on complete air and it was my second hand ever with him so he has no reads on me. Maybe someone would suggust to just bet the turn, I dont know.

I do think the second hand is more interesting ...

You would think he bets Q10 out, and he really doesnt know how LAG I can be its only 10 hands with him ever. I'm regretting the fold now
Old Mar 28, 2008, 3:45am   #7
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

About the first hand, I think you should just bet out pot. If he pushes, put it in. The key difference here is that he might semibluff push you when the 8 hits since it's unlikely to help you unless you have AAxx. That said, this is the second hand, so maybe he still gives you credit for aaxx for any preflop 3-bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
You would think he bets Q10 out, and he really doesnt know how LAG I can be its only 10 hands with him ever. I'm regretting the fold now
It may only have been 10 hands, but ten hands with YOU might be enough to make him go for the c/r.

I think the key is that there aren't that many other hands he will have played this way which beat you. I think he raises any set on the flop, so unless he has the case jjxx or kkxx and went for a c/r with those, you're good except to a very tricky QT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2008, 11:26pm   #8
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

I think you have to fold hand 2.

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote