THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:23pm   #1
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of
Default Non Nut Flush (omaha)

My usual line here would be
C/C flop C/fold turn or C/C flop C/C turn C/fold river depending on how many barrels I feel my opponent is capable of firing.

What do we think of this line ?
The point is to induce naked ace bluffs and pushes from smaller flushes that think I'm full of it (which I will be sometimes when I raise this flop)

My Opponent here is very aggresive pre and post flop and has a wide range.

Table 'Roehla III' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: flopper302 ($233.55 in chips)
Seat 2: lbensel4 ($173.80 in chips)
Seat 3: jomimi ($51.30 in chips)
Seat 5: davmcg ($198 in chips)
Seat 6: joeyjoejr ($200 in chips)
Nesta79 will be allowed to play after the button
davmcg: posts small blind $1
joeyjoejr: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [Qd Js Td Qc]
flopper302: raises $5 to $7
lbensel4: folds
jomimi: folds
davmcg: calls $6
joeyjoejr: calls $5
*** FLOP *** [4d 8d Jd]
davmcg: checks
joeyjoejr: checks
flopper302: bets $19.95
davmcg: folds
joeyjoejr: raises $40.05 to $60
flopper302: raises $139.95 to $199.95
joeyjoejr: calls $133 and is all-in
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 11, 2008, 10:00am   #2
vega7
Brunson

vega7 is on a distinguished road

i ussually dont checkraise the flop with your hand. but most of the opponents I play against are a lot less agressive and there are not many who would make a bluff with with the single if i took your line and i will allmost never get value out of worse...

with the read you give i think you played the hand ok, but it all comes down to how often he will bluff you if you check-raise and how often he will 2 or 3 barrell bluff if you just call the flop...

the good thing is, if he has you beat, you still got an out...
vega7 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:06pm   #3
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
The point is to induce naked ace bluffs and pushes from smaller flushes that think I'm full of it (which I will be sometimes when I raise this flop)
way overthinking this. Unless you are sure he knows you are bluffing here often AND he would rebluff, don't ever do this.

just stick with a polarized c/r range here and you're fine vs almost every player.

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 9:55pm   #4
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Yeah I dont really like my play there .... because it was against a UTG raiser and even if I assume he pushes the naked ace everytime he will have the suited ace too often. Also I had the third nuts there it would be better with the second nuts.

In the actual hand I did lose my stack but it was to the K high flush which tells me the play would have value against him. If are hands were reversed the same betting may have occured.

I think I may use the line again but only against BTN steals and only with the second nuts since they will have trashy hands with the lone A from the BTN much more often. Quite a few aggro players can't resist shoving the naked ace there.

Also I may use this line in the future if I flop top set againt a BTN raiser. Were still destroying a rebluff and we do have okay equity when we run into a flush.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote