THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 09, 2008, 10:04pm   #1
Such A Card
Flop Artist

Such A Card is on a distinguished road
Default 1st Tournament - ITM!

Last night I was on Poker Stars and was frustrated that I couldn't find any loose tables at my $0.25/0.50 limit. So I went to check out the tournaments on Stars and found a Limit Hold 'em Tournament for $15 + $1.50.

54 people wound up competing and you had to make the top 6 to be in the money.

Well, about an hour into it I am absolutely crushing all opponents. I had something like 10000 chips and the next closest had 7000.

Another hour later I was up to 18,000 and the next closest was about 11,000.

So I'm feeling good and get moved to the final table. I caught a bad run of cards , took a bad beat and soon my 18000 was down to 8000 and others had 14-15k. I climbed back up to 11k but lady luck was done being nice to me.

In the end I finished 6th and netted $40 or so from the tourney.

I thought the tourney was really FUN. It was way more intense than the cash games I'm used to. The hands are played faster, the players are much better, but in a way they're somewhat predictable. I ran several successful bluffs (which never seems to work in my cash games), stole the blinds and so on.

I even got check-raised quite often which at the limits I'm used to maybe only 1/3 of people know about check raising. So overall it was a seriously intense experience and afterwards I was drained.

In my poker "career" I've played 985 hands total, almost all of them at the .25/50 Limit on Stars. Maybe I was out of my league in a $15 tournament, but it worked out in the end.
Such A Card est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 09, 2008, 10:49pm   #2
MRVEGAS
Dude

MRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to allMRVEGAS is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to MRVEGAS

Congrats.

Quote:
I thought the tourney was really FUN.

I dont know if you rekindled my first poker winning days with your post but i could feel your excitement.

COOL.

MRV
“The weak are the most treacherous of us all. They come to the strong and drain them. They are bottomless. They are insatiable. They are always parched and always bitter. They are everyone’s concern and like vampires they suck our life’s blood.” Bette Davis
MRVEGAS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2008, 11:27pm   #3
cocacoors
Doyle Look-alike

cocacoors is on a distinguished road

gg, next time tid.