THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 04, 2008, 3:06am   #1
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of
Default A couple PLO hands

Hand #1
I am fairly new to the table
Preflop raiser is a good slightly loose aggressive player other villian is unknown

Seat 1: joeyjoejr ($428 in chips)
Seat 2: cavman22222 ($375.90 in chips)
Seat 3: francis11100 ($497.95 in chips)
Seat 4: MUSTAFABET ($1249.15 in chips)
Seat 6: velimirovic ($456.90 in chips)
velimirovic: posts small blind $2
joeyjoejr: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [9d As 6h Ac]
cavman22222: folds
francis11100: calls $4
MUSTAFABET: raises $12 to $16
velimirovic: folds
joeyjoejr: calls $12
francis11100: calls $12
*** FLOP *** [3c Ad Js]
joeyjoejr: checks
francis11100: checks
MUSTAFABET: checks
*** TURN *** [3c Ad Js] [2s]
joeyjoejr: bets $48
francis11100: raises $112 to $160

Standard Until this point

My choices:
1. Just Jam
2. Fold
3. Call and Jam any paired board on river
4. Call and Jam any paired board or spade on river

What do you think?

Hand #2

Villain is a decent player and does not have to have AA to three bet me. Other player is a donk and has just about anything

Seat 1: wijken ($345.60 in chips)
Seat 3: Ludo123 ($198.45 in chips)
Seat 4: MisterSticky ($299.90 in chips)
Seat 5: LoneHixx ($1644.75 in chips)
Seat 6: joeyjoejr ($830.50 in chips)
wijken: posts small blind $2
Ludo123: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [Kd Qh Ah 7d]
MisterSticky: folds
LoneHixx: folds
joeyjoejr: raises $10 to $14
MisterSticky leaves the table
wijken: raises $32 to $46
Ludo123: calls $42
joeyjoejr: calls $32
*** FLOP *** [5c As 9h]
wijken: checks
Ludo123: checks
*** TURN *** [5c As 9h] [Jh]
wijken: bets $136
Ludo123: folds
joeyjoejr: ?
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 04, 2008, 5:21am   #2
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

I probably fold hand 1, although I'd be tempted to call (or maybe even jam) if I had the nfd + TS. The real problem here is that he can't even have the NFD since you have the As. This looks like someone playing a hand like 3456 or 4567 etc. And you're out of position, without real implied odds if you hit (except maybe if you want to bluff a non-pairing spade river, but that's really risky).

Hand 2 I call turn and re-evaluate river, hoping he either checks river or I hit one of the draws. But this is still marginal, and depends on whether he bluffs a lot of river - if he bluffs (or thin value bets) a lot of rivers, it becomes a fold imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2008, 6:19pm   #3
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Forgive my noobness but how is hand 1 standard? I hate the preflop call, you are basically playing only for the top set/top boat value of your hand.

And then the flop? Why not lead? It's not like you got the nuts on a dry flop. Or do you expect people to bet like KQTx there?

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2008, 8:43pm   #4
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
Forgive my noobness but how is hand 1 standard? I hate the preflop call, you are basically playing only for the top set/top boat value of your hand.

And then the flop? Why not lead? It's not like you got the nuts on a dry flop. Or do you expect people to bet like KQTx there?
It is rarely correct to fold aaxx, even a bad one like that, preflop. His call preflop is standard, even from the sb. The slowplay on the flop is not so standard, but it's not necessarily terrible either. I probably would have led, hoping someone with second set would put me on a low wrap (2345 or the like) and raise me pot so we can get it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2008, 8:21pm   #5
sashstar
Professional

sashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with not 3-betting oop but I think u have to pot the flop !
Old May 06, 2008, 12:57pm   #6
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

3-betting preflop would be very bad, I think you could justify folding preflop but I'm always calling with AAxx simply because if I see I would have floped trip aces Id be mad lol. I defintely fold most KKxx, QQxx hands to a raise in the blinds.

Ill check later in tracker how I faired flating ragged AAxx to a raise in the blinds I should have a decent sample by now

I guess leading is good or better than going for a check raise.
I myself almost always check raise everything I want to continue with OOP against a preflop raise. I guess this because I play limit holdem a bunch. Perhaps I should work some leads in but that would require changing my a game quite a bit. Preflop raiser here is a good aggresive player and I do think he will go for a C-Bet quite a bit on this flop not just with KQ10 but also with nothing.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 2:22pm   #7
mercury
Brunson

mercury is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
Hand #1

Standard Until this point

My choices:
1. Just Jam
2. Fold
3. Call and Jam any paired board on river
4. Call and Jam any paired board or spade on river

What do you think?
dont like the flop check, you have the best hand so far and any slim draw should pay to see the next card, if there are aggressive players behind they certainly wont back down. never get tricky with aces.

the reraise on the turn means something. at best it is a two pair, but since the better here was only calling raises preflop from behind, its not impossible that he has hit his straight, under these circumstances i'd vote for option 3 or 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
Hand #2

Villain is a decent player and does not have to have AA to three bet me. Other player is a donk and has just about anything

Seat 1: wijken ($345.60 in chips)
Seat 3: Ludo123 ($198.45 in chips)
Seat 4: MisterSticky ($299.90 in chips)
Seat 5: LoneHixx ($1644.75 in chips)
Seat 6: joeyjoejr ($830.50 in chips)
wijken: posts small blind $2
Ludo123: posts big blind $4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to joeyjoejr [Kd Qh Ah 7d]
MisterSticky: folds
LoneHixx: folds
joeyjoejr: raises $10 to $14
MisterSticky leaves the table
wijken: raises $32 to $46
Ludo123: calls $42
joeyjoejr: calls $32
*** FLOP *** [5c As 9h]
wijken: checks
Ludo123: checks
*** TURN *** [5c As 9h] [Jh]
wijken: bets $136
Ludo123: folds
joeyjoejr: ?
assuming that the Jack has changed something in the hand, he might be on a straight draw; in this situation you are something like 60/40 favorite. or he has a set of jacks or slowplayed aces or he hit two pair, in either situation you are 25/75 behind. considering that there are not much of implied odds, i'd sadly fold.

Seriously... grow up guys.

He asked about a hand and deserves to get a useful reply. Its the only way to get better."

"Go with ur guts... better to make a bad fold than a bad call."
mercury est déconnecté   Reply With Quote