THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 28, 2008, 3:02pm   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashstar View Post
I know you (both) are a good Players and I know that in Omaha the Position is much more necessary than in Holdem, but you can't just fold/limp every UTG hand imo
Actually, you can limp/fold almost every hand in omaha UTG at a full ring table (at the higher end of low stakes to low end of midstakes - say $100plo or $200plo, anyway) especially because, unlike hold'em, in omaha you don't fear raises nearly as much preflop - you almost pitty them if they come from a deepstack player, because they've now declared their intention to play a big pot, and you can remain in the shadows as long as its profitable to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 28, 2008, 5:19pm   #12
sashstar
Professional

sashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hm thats truth of course. But, did you mean with Full Ring 10 oder 6 Players ?
I thought FR = 10 and there of course I raise less hands then in SH games.
Old May 28, 2008, 8:16pm   #13
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hm thats truth of course. But, did you mean with Full Ring 10 oder 6 Players ?
I thought FR = 10 and there of course I raise less hands then in SH games.
Full ring would be 9 or 10 players; I would raise more often in shorthand games from UTG, as I'm generally more aggressive in those games (as is necessary to avoid getting run over by the increased blind pressure).

Quote:
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
Old May 28, 2008, 8:47pm   #14
sashstar
Professional

sashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond reputesashstar has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah that's why I can't understand why you always talk about FR Games.

OP is involved in a SH Game. And so, this is a easy UTG raise for me.
Old May 28, 2008, 11:49pm   #15
TWLLM

Quote:
Yeah that's why I can't understand why you always talk about FR Games.

OP is involved in a SH Game. And so, this is a easy UTG raise for me.
I read the hand so long ago I forgot it was SH.

The point was that c/r'ing here is wrong no matter whether FR or SH. His hand is fine for a regular open-raise, or for just calling (this hand is a medium aaxx, which means it's probably no better to raise than to just limp). FR this is a limp hand.

Quote:
Old May 29, 2008, 3:22am   #16
sashstar
Professional

OK now we have it. Sorry for going on your nerves with the FR thing, but now I agree