German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 28, 2008, 8:55am   #21
Child_Poker
Brunson

Child_Poker is on a distinguished road

i suck at poker =(
Child_Poker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 28, 2008, 1:02pm   #22
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

It could simply be that you have not adjusted for the rake generator. Unlikely after 4 years but still.

The fish would go broke too fast without some mechanism to preserve them, thus, the trailing hand(s) get an extra redraw on the river about 5% of the time. This explains the reason we see more bad beats online than in live poker. So, to adjust, you must ramp up your aggressiveness and make people fold rather than trap and slowplay.

Plays like the semi-bluff shove gain value because not only do you get fold equity etc., but because your monster draw will be 57% to win instead of say 52% because you are technically behind in the hand. So, this way the rake generator works for you.

This is why you see hyper aggressive six maxers like Gus and Bubble do so well. Its not that they are good at poker, its just that their style accidentially fits the online scheme.

Hope this helps.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 9:17pm   #23
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post
It could simply be that you have not adjusted for the rake generator. Unlikely after 4 years but still.

The fish would go broke too fast without some mechanism to preserve them, thus, the trailing hand(s) get an extra redraw on the river about 5% of the time. This explains the reason we see more bad beats online than in live poker.
Bueller.........Bueller.........
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2008, 11:57pm   #24
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytrick View Post

The fish would go broke too fast without some mechanism to preserve them, thus, the trailing hand(s) get an extra redraw on the river about 5% of the time. This explains the reason we see more bad beats online than in live poker. So, to adjust, you must ramp up your aggressiveness and make people fold rather than trap and slowplay.

Plays like the semi-bluff shove gain value because not only do you get fold equity etc., but because your monster draw will be 57% to win instead of say 52% because you are technically behind in the hand. So, this way the rake generator works for you.

This is why you see hyper aggressive six maxers like Gus and Bubble do so well. Its not that they are good at poker, its just that their style accidentially fits the online scheme.

Hope this helps.
lol.

On the off chance that this isn't a level, I'd like to point out that if you are 52% to win a hand on the flop, then you aren't "technically behind." You are fucking ahead, plain and simple.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 12:35am   #25
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
I'd like to point out that if you are 52% to win a hand on the flop, then you aren't "technically behind." You are fucking ahead, plain and simple.
FUCK! That explains why I always lose with a full wrap straight flush draw in lolmaha. I'm technically ahead (so the rigginator knocks off some %) but I'm actually behind in the hand, so it gets confused and has to 1 outer me a few times before it can reset to regular rigged levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 5:31am   #26
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
FUCK! That explains why I always lose with a full wrap straight flush draw in lolmaha. I'm technically ahead (so the rigginator knocks off some %) but I'm actually behind in the hand, so it gets confused and has to 1 outer me a few times before it can reset to regular rigged levels.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote