THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Site Reviews

Old Dec 10, 2008, 9:11am   #1
Maddox_23
Grinder

Maddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to behold
Default witch pokerroom is you favorite?

i think about skipping all my money from different sites to one (maybe 2) but not sure on witch one...it's annoying to jump from one room to another, playing different limits, because of different bankrolls...so now i wanna ship my money, deposit all on one site and play there...but witch site...im playing a little bit of everything, from NL up to NL200, FL up to 5/10 and tournaments with buy ins up to around 50$...witch site will you choose...my main choices are:
Pokerstars
PartyPoker
Pacific Poker
Everest Poker
Ultimate Bet
Full Tilt Poker
Maddox_23 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:41am   #2
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

It depends a lot on rakeback, traffic, and software, imo. Given that you like to play MTTs, I'd say that FTP or Stars will be your best bets, but this is ignoring the much-bandied-about softness of sites like Everest. If you feel like you can play all of your games at a softer site where you have rakeback, that one. Otherwise, I'd consolidate to FTP or Stars.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 2:09pm   #3
Maddox_23
Grinder

Maddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to beholdMaddox_23 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
It depends a lot on rakeback, traffic, and software, imo. Given that you like to play MTTs, I'd say that FTP or Stars will be your best bets, but this is ignoring the much-bandied-about softness of sites like Everest. If you feel like you can play all of your games at a softer site where you have rakeback, that one. Otherwise, I'd consolidate to FTP or Stars.

yeah it's a pretty tough decision
PS: no rakeback,pretty tight FL,tough NL competition...great MTT's, great traffic

FT: pretty much the same (great FL HU traffic)

Party: fast cashouts, great traffic and competition...no rakeback, no HU tables..sometimes problems with updates due internet key

pacific: softest competition ever..no rake back..bad traffic, bad tournaments..

UB: great MTT's..good rakeback...bad traffic on FL HU (at least in european times)..tougher NL competition..and, hmm it's UB..

Everest: just checked it and got my account freezed AGAIN!! aaaahhhh (every time i travell and play from my laptop they freeze my account...and validation last time took 4 months!!!!!!)
Maddox_23 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 4:53pm   #4
Kristuzz
Grinder

Kristuzz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kristuzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kristuzz

It seems if FL and MTTs are an important part of you game, a consolidation at Full Tilt seems like the easy choice??
Old Dec 10, 2008, 7:47pm   #5
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

I heard theres some kind of RB now at pacific ? Not 100% sure
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 7:55pm   #6
Lord Mushroom
The Dark Knight

Lord Mushroom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox_23 View Post
it's annoying to jump from one room to another, playing different limits, because of different bankrolls...
You only have 1 bankroll, which usually is the sum of your deposits on the various sites, and you should act according to that bankroll. The only reason to operate with different bankrolls is if you have big difficulties transfering funds around to and from the various sites.

But if you want to narrow it down to 1-2 sites, you should choose Party Poker. Soft competition and good traffic. Rakeback is of little importance compared to the ease of competition.

You may choose one more site for either extra easy competition (Pacific) or a site which offers HU play.
(00:42-03:27)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

The bot has spoken.

Last edited by Lord Mushroom; Dec 10, 2008 at 7:58pm.
Lord Mushroom est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 9:34pm   #7
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Ah, I assumed you had rakeback on FTP. Pokerstars offers you at least some rakeback, if you play decent volume (FTP has points as well, but afaik the program is not nearly as worthwhile).

Also, I think rakeback matters, as long as you're willing to game select.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:29am   #8
shabak
Doyle Look-alike

shabak is on a distinguished road

Some affiliates give rakeback on FTP.
You can use your FPP's on stars to recieve money bonuses, but I haven't calculated to prcentage in rakeback it's equal to.
________
Medical Marijuana Care Mutual Deals

Last edited by shabak; Apr 30, 2011 at 8:11pm.
shabak est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 1:27pm   #9
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

I used to play at Pacific but moved to Party. Party always has the rep for being mega soft but imo Pacific is ridiculously soft. I moved because I was pissed off with the hand history / HUD setup at Pacific but I'm seriously thinking of moving back. Where else can you find half a dozen tables with a VPIP around 50%?

Anyway, Party has just re-vamped its loyalty program and it's much simpler and more generous. You can accumulate points quite quickly and spend them on cash or on sweetened bonus deals. Also, you can get pretty good re-load bonuses there too so all in all it's definitely worth a look.

If you can play at sites like Pacific and Party I don't see why you would even consider PS or FTP.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 3:45pm   #10
Aceintehhole
Flop Artist

Aceintehhole is on a distinguished road

Ive just moved from Stars to Party and im loving it there's so many nit grinders on stars its a joke Party all the way for some soft games