German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Site Reviews

Old Dec 19, 2008, 7:25am   #1
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt
Default Bodog Customer Service: A nice long talk with a very polite wall

So, I've had a very small amount of money floating around on Bodog and I decided to withdraw it last month. Prior to doing so, I noticed their points -> cash promo, and like an idiot decided to indulge in it. I then forgot all about withdrawing until today. The following emails are what ensued:

• Thank you for your recent payout request dated Thu, Dec 18, 2008 for the amount of US$ 46.00.

Unfortunately, our records show that you have not met the bonus rollover requirements. These requirements are outlined in the Bonuses section of the bodoglife.com website. Should you decide to proceed with this payout request, we will deduct the bonus portion from your payout and issue a payout in the amount of US$ 29.68. Please note that you also have the option of cancelling your payout request until you have met the wagering requirements. If you cancel this payout request within 48 hours, the bonus portion will remain in your account. If we do not receive a cancellation request from you within this period, we will proceed with your payout request, minus the bonus.
  • Ummm, no. 46 dollars (and change, but I did not enter the change into my cashout request due to it not being allowed) is what I have in my account apart from the bonus, and is not subject to bonus rollover requirements. I do not have 32.64 in bonuses awaiting being rolled over in my account.
  • Thank you for contacting Bodog Poker Customer Service.

In regards to your inquiry, we see that you have made a payout request in the amount of $46.00 on December 18th. Please note, this amount includes the Poker Points that you have converted in the amount of $16.32 on November 17th. This amount id subject to rollover requirements before it can be paid out. In the Poker Department the rollover is 3X the dollar amount, which in your case would be $48.96. Should you not respond to this email within 48 hours, we will proceed, with your payout amount minus the bonus.
  • Why should the 46 dollars include poker points converted to 16.32 if my gross account balance, including this bonus amount, is 62.48?

Seriously, this makes no sense. All you have to do is send me the 46 dollars, and the amount that needs to be rolled over before it is eligible to be cashed out would remain in my account. This is why I attempted to cash out 46 dollars and not 62.
  • Upon reviewing your account we have noted that your account was credited with a bonus of $16.32 and to have the bonus withdraw from your account you will have to meet the rollover requirement. The rollover requirement for this bonus is 3 poker points per $1 earned in bonus in order to withdraw the bonus.
  • You may be reviewing my account, but you are not reviewing the emails prior to my replies. This is the 3rd time I've had to repeat myself.

The amount I am trying to withdraw is $46. There is $62.48 in my account, $16.32 of which is a bonus and is not eligible for withdrawal 62.48 minus 16.32 is 46.12.

Again, the amount I am trying to withdraw is $46. This is completely within the boundaries of the amount which is eligible for withdrawal. If you are still having difficulty with this concept, I authorize you to alter the amount which I am trying to withdraw to $62.32. In your first email to me when you said there was a "problem," you offered to reduce my withdrawal by the amount of my bonus. Reducing 62.32 by the amount of bonuses in my account will leave you with a very surprising number, I'm sure.
Clearly this is not a huge amount of money, but I'd rather have it sitting around and doing nothing in my account than in theirs. Instead, form letters and poor customer service procedures have made me into a very happy ex-customer.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 19, 2008, 9:05am   #2
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

lol. Somehow I don't think the incompetent droolers over there are picking up on such gems as
Quote:
You may be reviewing my account, but you are not reviewing the emails prior to my replies.

Hope you get your money soon.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 1:05pm   #3
cobalt
Professional

cobalt has a spectacular aura aboutcobalt has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cobalt Send a message via Skype™ to cobalt

Haha... thanks. Something about incompetent customer service makes me go bitchy-sarcastic, I don't know what.

Since making this thread, I've repeated myself 3 more times. Likely outcome is that they send me a check for 29.68 and I go spend the remainder on some donkament, which I'll hope to not final table in order to spare myself future interactions with these pick-a-form-letter monkeys.
cobalt est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:23pm   #4
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
I authorize you to alter the amount which I am trying to withdraw to $62.32. In your first email to me when you said there was a "problem," you offered to reduce my withdrawal by the amount of my bonus. Reducing 62.32 by the amount of bonuses in my account will leave you with a very surprising number
I'd try this. Cancel the withdrawal and request the full 62. I bet you get 46.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote