THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Dec 10, 2008, 1:41am   #41
KS_Perfection
Professional

KS_Perfection will become famous soon enough

How does someone log that many hands when its only their hobby? That seems very fishy. Even if someone is a pro that is still a ton of hands.
KS_Perfection est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 10, 2008, 3:08am   #42
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

yeah, some are able to play that much but its rare.

I played 50K hands one month, averaging 30h week... not 12 tabling obviously but still 125K hands is ton of hands
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2008, 4:00am   #43
rpark
Doyle Look-alike

rpark will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Prodigy View Post
... Over 28 days, he had logged in 125k+ hands.
He could have rakeback on top of what he won? Greedy SOB.
rpark est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 9:14am   #44
MmmmBalf
Doyle Look-alike

MmmmBalf is on a distinguished road

I'm curious that if it was a scam and he was just going to keep the $500, why bother sending 28 PT graphs? Seems like a lot of uneccessary effort since he already had the money. He could have just disappeared once it was transferred. And if he was going to send graphs, wouldn't it make more sense to lose it all and say he was bust? Did you discuss what would happen if he went bust?

Unless he just wanted to torment you more by showing what he was doing with your money

Balf
Old Dec 11, 2008, 9:51am   #45
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Two things spring to mind upon reading this thread for the first time:

1. Prodigy, while I feel great sympathy for what happened to you you need a good smack in the head - what the hell were you thinking?

2. I was waiting for Seb to show up and fire a (probably well deserved) rocket up your ass for being dumb and then he shows great restraint and, dare I say it, even a little compassion! Must be Christmas

By the way, best way to get this moving is to pursue it on 2+2 in BBV - they seem to have a reasonable record of hunting down scammers over there. Although often a bit of public shaming in a measured and non-emotional way often draws the guy out of the woodwork claiming his email was down and offering to pay up to save his reputation.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 3:39pm   #46
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Easy you pay off two plus two admins to give you his IP address. You get some nerds to trace who the fuck he is. When you figure that out you hire a goon to go knee cap him.

Then the goon returns if the dude hasn't paid 10% compound interest per day on top within a week of the knee capping.

Simple.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:02pm   #47
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Perhaps next time before staking someone, you could follow advice from Moe from the Simpson's:

Moe: Sure, Homer, I can loan you all the money you need. However,
since you have no collateral, I'm going to have to break your
legs in advance.
Homer: Gosh, Moe, I use these all the time. Couldn't you just bash my
head in?
Moe: Hey, hey: are you a loan shark? Do you understand how finance
works? [grabs a sledgehammer] Now let's do this thing.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2009, 6:00pm   #48
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

reading this post has put me on mega tilt. good lord. shenanigans indeed.
Old Jan 05, 2009, 3:16pm   #49
shredder91
Doyle Look-alike

shredder91

Maybe the guys dead in a ditch after celebrating a $2k windfall with hookers, cocaine and a bottle of jack.

Or you could have been scamoo-ed

Either way, i wouldn't waste another pennycent on this.
shredder91 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote