THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 03, 2009, 6:10pm   #41
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, dont forget the cheer joy of burning money
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 04, 2009, 4:22am   #42
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

My ROI for February so far is -95%....

Please can it be January again?

Edit: Nevermind, won a 45 SnG, now my Feb ROI is only bad instead of lolworthy

Last edited by SwoopAE; Feb 04, 2009 at 9:08am.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 10:10am   #43
kyo3030
Flop Artist

kyo3030 is on a distinguished road

After figuring out (FINALLY!) that I am just not a good cash game player, I made a small deposit to FT and started playing some SNG's. Worked my way up from $50 to $350 right now, currently playing a tourney and it's looking good. Hopefully will be up to at least $400 by the end of the night

I know that is nothing for you high stakes players, but for playing $5-10 SNG's and tourneys I think that's pretty good.
kyo3030 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 4:24pm   #44
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

About +4K or so in total. I ran awful at live play but about broke even there. I played alot of limit this month and it was a rollercoaster with five sessions in a row including two -100BB and three +80 BB. These are fairly big fluctuations for live limit since you don't see that many hands. Online in Jan.was much better which is opposite my usual outcomes.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 04, 2009, 4:26pm   #45
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
My ROI for February so far is -95%....

Please can it be January again?

Edit: Nevermind, won a 45 SnG, now my Feb ROI is only bad instead of lolworthy
Monthly ROI computed on the 3rd = results oriented thinking imo
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2009, 1:17am   #46
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
That sucks Fredrik. You have been a good consistent poster and I hope this is just variance that turns around.
Thanks for the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got 6 Aces View Post
This should make you feel better, your upswing wont be far away dude

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CWy_0_r3pJI
It does, a little bit, but unfortunately my downswing has lasted much longer than Gus's, and I've had to move down in stakes, so it's going to take a lot longer to get back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid hustlr View Post
wow that is not right fred i had u marked as one of the really big winners on here
Yeah, I was for a while. When I won $92K in three months (September-November 2007), I was probably the biggest winner here, except for the possibly unreal one. I'm still up $230K-ish since I started playing, so maybe I shouldn't be whining like this.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2009, 1:21am   #47
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Monthly ROI computed on the 3rd = results oriented thinking imo
Results might have something to do with it. I think I cashed in 1 of my first 30 tournaments.

Hopefully the rest of the month is a little better

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 05, 2009, 10:28am   #48
kyo3030
Flop Artist

kyo3030 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyo3030 View Post
After figuring out (FINALLY!) that I am just not a good cash game player, I made a small deposit to FT and started playing some SNG's. Worked my way up from $50 to $350 right now, currently playing a tourney and it's looking good. Hopefully will be up to at least $400 by the end of the night

I know that is nothing for you high stakes players, but for playing $5-10 SNG's and tourneys I think that's pretty good.
Make that -$100 for February. Combo of average plays and bad beats. Plus, getting hammered last night and thinking I was, somehow, good at cash games
kyo3030 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote