THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Feb 21, 2009, 1:28pm   #11
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbu3116 View Post
The only hand to get any value from is AQ (maybe AT but I doubt it).
lol

Id consider vbetting KQ on the river fwiw

as played it's a call, but shove the river yourself, hes not folding an ace..

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 21, 2009, 2:27pm   #12
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Just a quick question. Are we calling here for pot odds?

It's $3.60 into $15.60 so hero needs the winning hand 18.75% of the time. Do we really think villain is check raising an ace here? Surely he check calls his ace and check raises the rest of his range.

I can't see hero winning 18.75% of the time given the line taken by villain on the river. This K9's only good 10% of the time, max.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 3:43pm   #13
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
I prefer a check call all day here
Hero is in position.

Quote:
I can't see hero winning 18.75% of the time given the line taken by villain on the river. This K9's only good 10% of the time, max.
It may be a -ev call. I would have a hard time arguing that we are better than 18% here. I'm still making it because I'm not going to put half my stack in with 2-pair and fold getting these kind of odds. I'll rationalize by saying the missing 8.75% of equity is an information call.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:36pm   #14
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

Info call?

Villains a 10nl player who's limp called UTG, check called flop and turn then made a check raise on the river where he has to assume the hero is going to snap call. What info do you need? He has K9 beat.

I agree with everyone that you should have shoved the river.