THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 26, 2009, 11:22pm   #1
c2belavek
Fish

c2belavek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default losing money from folding

I am new to the game, but i do ok with all the strategy topics i have read, along with alot of just for fun play i have had. But i am losing money from folding cuz i get alot of bad hands. I play in the .02 / .04 stakes tables in absolute poker and it seems likei lose dallor after dallor 4 cents at a time

any tips??
c2belavek est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 27, 2009, 1:15am   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

First, you aren't losing money from folding at .02/.04, you are losing money from playing bad hands out of position, calling too much, not betting enough, etc.

Secondly, unless you are playing less than 10% of hands in full ring the blinds aren't going to be the deciding factor in whether or not you make a profit.
kmay06 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2009, 7:22am   #3
Iestyn75
Professional

Iestyn75 will become famous soon enoughIestyn75 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2belavek View Post
But i am losing money from folding cuz i get alot of bad hands.
You can't lose dollar after doller 4c at a time if you are folding before the flop, but if you are playing any two cards before the flop and folding after, you will certainly lose. If you're getting to grips with basic strategy ideas, you'll get over this initial hurdle quite quickly. It may still not make you a big winning player but it is perfectly possible to play for fun at the micro stakes within an entertainment budget if poker is something you enjoy.

Welcome to the forum!
Iestyn75 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote