THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:04am   #11
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
lol nah im serious

good point on the 7's cause of hi/lo, didn't consider that.
Still, you really think a 7 (talking any 7) will fold the turn for 1 bet?
Never said it would - I said it won't see the flop that much, and on the flop certainly a random 7 is never calling. Even on turn, it has to be connected with at least a good low draw, if not some kind of draw+low. But that can't be more than half the 7s he can have, and since only he stuck around, it's not 'all 7s'. No one else of all the other players behind me is cold calling the raise on the flop with anything less than a nut low draw, whether or not they have a 7. A naked 7 isn't worth piss here, and in omaha no one would chase with just the 7. Here he had a good low draw so it made sense to call.

you talked about 3betting river in the OP, so that's where that comes from. like " run so bad I can't 3bet here". Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying, but sounds like you liked you're hand so much on the flop/turn that not even being able to 3bet river feels like pain to you. Like a weaker version of the "omg I got AA can't fold postflop to any action cause it's AA". whatever.
I didn't 3-bet though, I gave you the HH. The reason I can't 3-bet is because that would be too thin and the joke part was 'given how I run', meaning he'll always have a 7, but not because it's statistically likely, but because Lee Jones hates me. 3 betting is pretty thin w/o a read, but again, I DIDN'T 3-BET!!! Even if 3-betting was actually reasonable (against some people it might be) the 'comment' would still be that, for me, I'm so unlucky I'll always find the 7 and never the guy playing AAxx hard on the river. Either way, same result - it was in jest, except for the cold hard fact that I didn't 3-bet and can't really be criticized for having done so.

I dunno what the best rive line is. I'm just saying quads are not omg-so-sick unlikely here. Hand values change, and quads are now in the lead, pretty often so.

really just a standard hand. you might have dropped from, what do i know, 55% equity on the turn, to 0% on the river. But it's poker, that's gonna happen. And no it's not worth a crying post, imo.
This is different than what you said originally. Your post wasn't saying 'thi isn't a beat' it was criticizing my play as incorrect. That's a HUGE difference.
Nonetheless, on the flop I'm like 1 in 16 to get scooped iirc. I think given that I'm not going to post if all I lose is the low, that you can't really evaluate the 'beat' on the mixed equity (high and low), but only on the chance of me getting scooped.

Either way, that's nothing like your last post which was critical of the play, not whether it was a 'beat'.
Responses in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?

Last edited by TWLLM; Feb 28, 2009 at 12:06am.
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:51am   #12
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

did I criticize your play really? im sorry

nah I just said 3betting is bad vs a decent player. not much else iirc?!

whatever, I don't even know what we are discussing. fwiw, I think you're style of discussion is weird

All I'm saying is that you can expect quads somewhat often, and should play accordingly (dont 3bet, blabla).

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote