THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 11, 2009, 8:55pm   #1
MCT
Brunson

MCT has a spectacular aura aboutMCT has a spectacular aura about
Default Did I play this ok?

Apologies in advance for not posting a proper hand history. I don't know how to pull it from Lucky Ace.

$5+.50 MTT.

Blinds: $2000/1000

Final table, 5 players left.

Dealt to me: 5s 8c

MCT ($9220) posts BB.

1 fold, 2 fold, 3 fold.

Villain (SB) ($12310) calls.

MCT checks.

Flop: 7d 10h 9d

Villain checks.

MCT bets $4000

Villain goes all-in.

MCT calls.

I'm not worried so much about my final call. Thoughts on my initial check and my bet on the flop are more what I'm after.

Guy was fairly tight and completing the SB was weird I thought. He's either really weak or has a decent hand. I don't think he's in between. Also, I defended my blind several times over the past few hands, so I was worried that he wanted me to bet into him. So I checked because I had two arguments for a strong hand as opposed to one for a weak hand.

?
MCT est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:08pm   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

I don't really like it, but some stuff could change my mind. For example, how is your stack compared to the other 5 still in the tournament?

Really, you are putting the rest of your stack in with an OESD when there are better OESDs out there and a flush draw out there. It really isn't the best place to semi-bluff I think, especially given you are so low compared to the blinds you'd be better off just open shoving the flop.