THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Omaha Ring Games

Old May 04, 2009, 7:26pm   #1
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice
Default 50PL- I 3-bet squeezea maniac and get unexpectedly 4bet 200BB deep

Afternoon everyone. This is from a site with a java option available, and hand converters don't seem to work on the HH from the java software. This is the best I can do with conversion I'm afraid.

Reads:
The button is a maniac preflop. He raises loose, I mean really loose, especially in position. Postflop he isn't so loose and tends to play fit-or-fold. I haven't seen any huge plays from him yet.

The SB is a solid regular. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary or crazy. He seems to take well-thought out lines with his bet sizing.

What do I do with this unexpected 4-bet with our stack sizes? Call to see a flop? Fold? I'm sandwitched with the maniac still to act behind me. Is this ever a resqueeze since we're so deep (lol, is that even a term? Should I be shot for thinking of it at a 50NL table?)

Also, would being double-suited change anything in your analysis?

Seat 1 - BUTTON($52.98 in chips)
Seat 2 - SB ($115.35 in chips)
Seat 3 - HERO ($123.80 in chips)
Seat 4 - RSHAH2 ($11.45 in chips)
Seat 5 - CAC1979 ($90.70 in chips)
SB - Posts small blind $0.25
HERO - Posts big blind $0.50
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO[]
RSHAH2 - Calls $0.50
CAC1979 - Calls $0.50
BUTTON - Raises $2.75 to $2.75
SB - Calls $2.50
HERO- Raises $11.50 to $12.00
RSHAH2 - Folds
CAC1979 - Folds
BUTTON- Calls $9.25
SB - Raises $46.25 to $49.00
HERO- ???

Cheers!

Last edited by Timbilo; May 04, 2009 at 7:35pm.
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 05, 2009, 1:03am   #2
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Call... omaha is sick there are so many spots where you just gamble.

No real point in going all in. You can save the rest if the flop comes 227 or something. Your going to have to put the rest in very light though like any pair pretty much.

Also your probably in better shape 3way with that hand so its no problem if the BTN joins in.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 4:40am   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Call and get the rest in if you flop anything at all

JT98 is great, it's close to 50% against aces plus you can get away if you totally miss the flop and not feel bad about it (since villain usually does have aces like 90% of the time imo) and you will always stack aces if you hit well and your odds are fine to play against aces for the rest of it if you flop a pair or draw

Also taking a 3way flop is fine with this hand.

Obviously if you flop one pair or better get it in.

PLO: The only game you can call a raise for half of your stack and then fold if you miss the flop

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 12:47pm   #4
Timbilo
Not violating T & C

Timbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really niceTimbilo is just really nice

Okay, lets move on to part two of the hand then. Lets say I call and so does the button (we'll just add the rest of the stack into the pot now so that the button is irrelevant)

The flop comes , ,

Pot is $151 and SB shoves his last $66 in.

Call it off here is standard with the $66 into $217 odds? Or are we so sure that button has aces here based on the 4bet that middle pair/middle kicker/ the tiniest of redraws means we aren't even getting the right price at these odds?
Timbilo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2009, 8:12pm   #5
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Fold

Id assume at .25/50 He has AAA almost always. When he doesnt he probably has at least a pair of aces which you may have odds to suck out on but is beating you. And of course if either of them has clubs it puts you in even worse shape.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2009, 1:04am   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjoejoejr View Post
Fold

Id assume at .25/50 He has AAA almost always. When he doesnt he probably has at least a pair of aces which you may have odds to suck out on but is beating you. And of course if either of them has clubs it puts you in even worse shape.
This

But if there isn't an ace on the flop, you're getting the rest in.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote