THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old May 12, 2009, 11:09pm   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default Which street am I supposed to fold on

Okay LHE forum, i've mocked you but now I need your help.

What the title says, or is it a calldown?

$109 HORSE sat into a $535 tourney. No reads on villain. My gut said i'm beat on the flop, but folding to a single raise is so weak and if I call the flop I have to calldown right?

They REALLY need to run ORSE tournaments instead. Call them ROSE if you need to make a word out of it.

Is bet/fold flop ever ok here or do I peel and fold turn or am I getting worked up over nothing and this is a calldown?

Full Tilt Poker Game #12183364018: Satellite to FTOPS Event #14 (8761715, Table 24 - 80/160 - Limit Hold'em - 19:04:59 ET - 2009/05/12
Seat 1: slabstract (860)
Seat 2: MrTerminator (1,192)
Seat 3: Hill3758 (1,664)
Seat 4: SwoopAE (2,117)
Seat 5: staniv (1,403)
Seat 6: billygoatg (1,135)
Seat 7: TPS SMOKE (3,487)
Seat 8: zoeprincess (192)
zoeprincess posts the small blind of 40
slabstract posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Td Tc]
MrTerminator folds
slabstract: just figured it out
Hill3758 has 15 seconds left to act
Hill3758 folds
SwoopAE raises to 160
staniv calls 160
billygoatg folds
TPS SMOKE folds
zoeprincess folds
slabstract calls 80
*** FLOP *** [6c 8h 9h]
slabstract checks
SwoopAE bets 80
staniv raises to 160 <-- The only hand I beat is 77 exactly, this means I fold here or not? If I fold an overpair surely it's profitable to raise me on 100% of flops?
slabstract folds
SwoopAE calls 80
*** TURN *** [6c 8h 9h] [5c]
SwoopAE checks
staniv bets 160
SwoopAE calls 160 <--- or am I supposed to fold here if the turn isn't a 7 or T?
*** RIVER *** [6c 8h 9h 5c] [Qd]
SwoopAE checks
staniv bets 160
SwoopAE calls 160
*** SHOW DOWN ***

Last edited by SwoopAE; May 12, 2009 at 11:13pm.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 12, 2009, 11:27pm   #2
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

I don't know the answer but I'm pretty sure there are a ton of hands he could be raising the flop with that you beat other than 77. Like pretty much any flush draw? OESD. Some gutshot + overs possible? Depends on how aggro he is. I don't think I've played much more than 100 hands lifetime at LHE nitring though.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2009, 3:16am   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Paging Boomer for serious LHE advice!

Old May 13, 2009, 8:28pm   #4
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Paging Boomer for serious LHE advice!
1) You've got blockers to the straight

2) That's the wettest board ever

3) You have an overpair and thus have hidden outs vs 2 pairs.

4) Why doesn't he have A9/A8 some other pair?

In a cash game you'd have to shoot me to get me to fold this, and tbh I'm probably 3-betting the flop.

Based on stack size you may be able to come up with a tourney excuse to fold it but imo, no I'm not folding it.

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2009, 5:47pm   #5
evandijk70
Brunson

evandijk70 has a spectacular aura aboutevandijk70 has a spectacular aura aboutevandijk70 has a spectacular aura about
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you can rarely fold overpairs in limit hold´em, and this is defintely not one of them. Of course boomer (and me) only play short-handed, so we may be a little more agressive than what is correct here, and i see your point that maybe only pairs call your raise if he is any good, but you can't assume that.

You also have to remember you have 6 outs vs a set or an overpair. You're calling 80 into 800. How can you fold flop when you have outs vs a set? Vs a straight your in worse shape obviously, but if you think a straight is in his range, so are various straight draws. So never ever fold flop. On turn, the same kind of thinking applies, and maybe, vs a really big nit, you can fold river. But i'd still call most of the time
evandijk70 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2009, 2:17am   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Excellent. I just hate LHE spots like this in HORSE tournaments because I feel like i'm never good here but it feels like I have to call down anyway. Evidently that is correct.