THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 03, 2009, 6:34am   #11
Seb47
Professional

Seb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to beholdSeb47 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Seb47
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrik View Post
I think I play really well most of the time (in cash games), but the tilty moments are probably hurting my results a lot. I really need to force myself to think hard every time I'm considering making some weird float, big bluff, or big calldown. Not sure how I should do it though. Maybe I should just quit my sessions immediately if I feel that I start doing things on auto-pilot, like not thinking about which flops I should C-bet, or forgetting to adjust my preflop raise size (make it smaller, or even limp) when there's a shortstack on my left.
Thats a very important thing to point out, most of the money lost due to tilt comes from those little stuff, really important to notice when your game starts changing, even if its slightly (like cbetting too much etc )

The few last days of july were rough, with a couple shot that failled (again .....) at 50/100 and 1/200, so only up about 4800$

August starting a lot better though, took a shot at 1/200 euros live and succeded !
Seb47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 03, 2009, 5:21pm   #12
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer

WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about

I don't play at those steaks and I suck at poker in general, but I don't think you should really beat yourself up over the QJ hand. Do fish typically donkshove 4-5x pot on the turn with the flopped nuts?
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2009, 10:05pm   #13
Gus
Professional

Gus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the roughGus is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I was thinking the same thing eh... depends on the kind of fish ofc but I dont see myself do anything but snap call there
Gus est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2009, 8:29am   #14
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxHaX0rS View Post
I don't play at those steaks and I suck at poker in general, but I don't think you should really beat yourself up over the QJ hand. Do fish typically donkshove 4-5x pot on the turn with the flopped nuts?
They certainly don't, but I don't think you're asking the right question. The right question is "what sort of hand do they have when they do donkshove 4-5x the pot?" (Usually it's on the flop, and they're trying to get value from top pair or an overpair with some two pair hand you'd think they can't possibly have. If it's on the turn, they often have a set). I said I was beat 99% of the time, and that was probably an exaggeration (he probably has QT more than 1% of the time), but I still think it's a fold without a read.

By the way, today was my best day ever (in terms of poker results): +$16.7K. Finished 3rd in one of those loldonkaments for about 12K and about +4.8K on cash games. Unfortunately I had 3 losing sessions yesterday, so I'm "only" up 12K for the month, but I can live with that.

Last edited by Fredrik; Aug 04, 2009 at 8:37am.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2009, 12:16pm   #15
blackaces
Professional

blackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond reputeblackaces has a reputation beyond repute

have got a similar problem to yours, fredrik. playing quite solidly but completely butchering single hands...
if you've found a solution, plz tell me - would help me a lot.
btw i think you're a bit results oriented on the QJ hand.
+congrats for your nice day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
ach kack fullring
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavv View Post
Gott hasst mich offensichtlich. Ich hasse ihn auch. Der scheiss Wichser.
blackaces est déconnecté   Reply With Quote