THE FORUMS


German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Site Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Aug 29, 2009, 9:21pm   #11
staphros
Wolf Game LVP
 
staphros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Castle Donkenstein
Posts: 6,882
Reputation: 1865
staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future
Default

In one sentence.

Play on AP/UB if: Personal Greed > Common Good.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPartyAce
fold, so they respekt your checks ...
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:10am   #12
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy
 
BubbleBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: BubbleBoy
Posts: 11,484
Reputation: 28914
BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default

the same person won the bbj twice
the person was said to be 1 tabling both times

coincidence I bet

btw you pay like tons of rake at bbj tables, not sure about exact figure but like 2ptbb more than regular
__________________

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 4:04am   #13
shendo
Doyle Look-alike
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 409
Reputation: 215
shendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
In one sentence.

Play on AP/UB if: Personal Greed > Common Good.
In a game where the sole purpose is to take other people's money and make it your own, I'm not sure 'the common good' is the best argument for this sort of decision.

Risk Reward is the issue. Your money probably isn't as safe at Abs/UB as other sites. If the benefits of playing there outweigh the risk to your money and the integrity of the games you are playing in, which most likely are rather small, then go ahead.
shendo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 01, 2009, 8:57pm   #14
WaxHaX0rS
Thread Killer
 
WaxHaX0rS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Dixon / Champaign, IL
Posts: 1,930
Reputation: 152
WaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura aboutWaxHaX0rS has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shendo View Post
In a game where the sole purpose is to take other people's money and make it your own, I'm not sure 'the common good' is the best argument for this sort of decision.

Risk Reward is the issue. Your money probably isn't as safe at Abs/UB as other sites. If the benefits of playing there outweigh the risk to your money and the integrity of the games you are playing in, which most likely are rather small, then go ahead.
This basically.
WaxHaX0rS est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:10am   #15
Fredrik
Professional
 
Fredrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,212
Reputation: 148
Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
If you want to give your rake to a bunch of thieving corporate scumbags then go right ahead.
...
...they deserve to go out of business and don't deserve my rake.
This is how I feel too. If you don't mind giving your money to criminal scum, then I understand why you would want to play there. They probably have a smaller percentage of good players (I assume that players who hang out at poker forums are better on average), so it should be easier to make money there.

However, playing the bad beat jackpot tables seems like a really bad idea, because of the extra rake. Why not just play the regular tables and spend some of your winnings on lottery tickets?
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:23pm   #16
staphros
Wolf Game LVP
 
staphros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Castle Donkenstein
Posts: 6,882
Reputation: 1865
staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shendo View Post
In a game where the sole purpose is to take other people's money and make it your own, I'm not sure 'the common good' is the best argument for this sort of decision.

Risk Reward is the issue. Your money probably isn't as safe at Abs/UB as other sites. If the benefits of playing there outweigh the risk to your money and the integrity of the games you are playing in, which most likely are rather small, then go ahead.

I see your point but in my original statement i'm classifying
Risk / Reward = Personal Gain.


If AP/UB get away with it - why would other sites not follow suit. Screw customers for extra $ and have ~0 consequences - sounds like a good risk reward for them.

The most important attribute to online poker is not risk / reward its Integrity.

If you don't know if you are playing against the house how can you possibly calculate a valid risk reward?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllPartyAce
fold, so they respekt your checks ...
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2009, 1:44pm   #17
shendo
Doyle Look-alike
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 409
Reputation: 215
shendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura aboutshendo has a spectacular aura about
Default

Trying to estimate the value of an action based on partially unknown factors isn't really something I'm comfortable with, so maybe you are right.
shendo est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19pm. vBulletin 3.7.4 Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.