THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:10pm   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default PokerNews Cup

Thoughts?

Convince me to go or not to go

Schedule isn't out yet. Main will be 20-25k stacks @ 25/50 with 60-75m levels.

The first three events are crapshoot donkaments so i'd skip them to cut down trip length and the frustration that comes with having 8bb after one and a half hours of play.

PLO structure could go either way but the players there are really bad, my record in two HA tournaments is 3/150ish, 11/100ish and I feel like I really crush low to mid stakes PLO tournaments live because Crown PLO players are really bad. If it's well structured like the HA tourney I got third in then great (40min levels+ = i'm there) if not then forget about it. PLO structures are usually good at Crown though.

Tony G Celeb event is always good value, will probably be 10k/40min or similar and becomes a shootout with 32 left. I've played 2 of them for 2 cashes (Aussie Millions Celeb event + Tony G celeb last year's PNC)

6max is obviously good value with 10k/40min type structure if it's that decent, although i'm 0/3 or 0/4 for cashes in live 6max events at Crown

Main is obviously huge value, I just need to not run KK into AA on the 4th level or get set over setted on the second level on a 2 diamond board against a fish like I have in two of the last three deepstacked mains i've played at Crown (the third I was a semi mincash in Hachem Deepstack Main, KK<AK and KK<AA for chipleads = not helpful)

Terminator is a donkament, not worth it and I plan to be in Day 2 of the Main Event anyway so I don't want to have to play the FT on Day 2 or w/e

Teams is fine, I'd have a good partner lined up and it's essentially low stakes anyway since the buyin is split.

My bankroll is thin compared to any point in the last year but I can afford it, especially if I sell 25-50% of myself at a small markup (I have a buyer in mind, infact, he may stake me for the full buyins and give me 20-40% of myself depending on my negotiating skills, this guy really likes to gambool, has large six figure roll, thinks i'm 100+ROI live (which I might just be in a well structured live tournament) and rates my game.

I remember hating live poker after running 1/27 or w/e over the summer + vic champs but it's so juicy and i'm ready for it again... I think...

The plan would be 550 PLO 550 6max 550 Tony G Feature 2200 Main and probably 275 for teams

I'm pretty due to upswongz~!! again (Aug/Sep 08, Mar/Apr 09, pattern?) and i'd rather it be live since, well, you know, $$$$$$$ and whatnot.

Travel expenses work out to ~$300 on top of what i'd spend anyway staying home (basically flights and a week of cheap accom with smelly backpackers)

http://www.pokernewscup.com/events/2009/melbourne.php

Thoughts? Talk me into/out of it so I can blame someone else afterwards

Also, Mmmmbalf/Kid Hustlr/Brendo/anyone else from Australia... anyone else playing?

Last edited by SwoopAE; Sep 10, 2009 at 11:18pm.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:13pm   #2
CBone
Microdonk till ∞

CBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud ofCBone has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CBone Send a message via Skype™ to CBone

Dude, you have long made up your mind, didn't you? So book the hotel and stuff, and open the "Buy a piece of my action thread" already.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:56am   #3
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Doubt Ill go dont think the series is worth me flying down to.

Also i got asked about some online vs live tourny thing u should tell them u want in if u are going to be down there

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 5:11am   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Ya i heard about that it's a teams challenge. I suppose I can send my stats to Seabeast or Monsterdong or whoever ends up captaining the Online team, we'll have a huge edge over the livedonks and i'm sure i'd be the #6-7 pick or whatever depending how large the teams are.

I'm gonna decide for sure later in the week or once they release the schedule basically but if the $500 donkaments have 40min+ blinds and the main event has a decent structure i'm going to go

KH - Who asked you to be on the online team, put me in touch with them maybe? I'm not quite a Brendo or a Kid Hustlr but i'm pretty sure i'd make the cut since there are probably only 10 decent online guys in Australia who will be there (I can think of the top 10 guys and thats pretty much it)

Old Sep 11, 2009, 3:28pm   #5
medhopz
Brunson

medhopz will become famous soon enoughmedhopz will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to medhopz

obv go.
by the sounds of it you are due a big live score by now.
i don't have a real reason why you should go, i just want you to take down a big tourny
medhopz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 10:36pm   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Structure is slightly although not terribly disappointing

There are some 25r seat main event only sats online open to Australian players only on ipoker, i'm going to try and satellite in over the next week (it's a daily sat) and go if I can pick up a Main Seat, if not i'll probably sit it out.

http://www.pokernewscup.com/PNEWS_CUP_STRUC2009.pdf

Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:12pm   #7
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

dissenting opinion.

don't go!

your rebuilding and doing great at the online game.

stick to your original guns and hold tight!

IMO your just asking to raise your level of frustration to all new levels if you go busto at this to any sort of donkaments.

I cannot articulate exactly how I want to say it swoop but without being good at subtle I'll settle for blunt:

your a great player online and after reading your posts I think you are really good live too. but you had a bad run and this isn't nearly enough time away from the live scene to recover and play your best.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 1:31am   #8
kid hustlr
Professional

kid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to beholdkid hustlr is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Ya i heard about that it's a teams challenge. I suppose I can send my stats to Seabeast or Monsterdong or whoever ends up captaining the Online team, we'll have a huge edge over the livedonks and i'm sure i'd be the #6-7 pick or whatever depending how large the teams are.

I'm gonna decide for sure later in the week or once they release the schedule basically but if the $500 donkaments have 40min+ blinds and the main event has a decent structure i'm going to go

KH - Who asked you to be on the online team, put me in touch with them maybe? I'm not quite a Brendo or a Kid Hustlr but i'm pretty sure i'd make the cut since there are probably only 10 decent online guys in Australia who will be there (I can think of the top 10 guys and thats pretty much it)
Tim duckworth (the poker news reporter kid) told me to check my pms at p5 and there was an email there, go to the pokernews network forums section and there is a post (sticky?) about it, if you wanted to play you would definitely get to, i wouldnt bother msg'g seabeast et.al dont think they have a lot to do with it its more of a pokernetwork initiative i think.

im interested in staking too i think btw

"lucky in love, unlucky at cards", you must have bought yourself a fuck by now.
kid hustlr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 3:24am   #9
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Yeah, I know Tim. Anyway i'll probably skip the online vs live thing if I go unless they want me to play, thinking more along the lines of a 5-7 day hit and run on Melbourne to play the Main and maybe a couple of the 550s leading up to it rather than the usual two week trip.

Ironlen - This is true, I was doing quite nicely although the last week has been massive frustration and i've dropped about half of what i've made since getting back online (not much, only a little over 1k of the ~2.5k or so I was up in the first two weeks back); these things happen though and I feel like i'm playing pretty well again.

KH - Good to know, if I decide to go and want to sell off a piece i'll come find you on MSN

Last edited by SwoopAE; Sep 13, 2009 at 3:26am.