THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 23, 2009, 11:36pm   #1
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default I'm playing the 100r on FTP today

...and i'm going to win it.

This is my poor bankroll management leads to huge score thread. I'll update when i'm ~15k richer or $300 poorer.

Off to an okay start.

Full Tilt Poker Game #14892383073: $33,000 Guarantee (1r+1a) (10826858, Table 23 - 10/20 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:39:20 ET - 2009/09/23
Seat 1: The Chosen Wun (3,940)
Seat 2: Straight Right (3,770)
Seat 3: Deegood (2,350)
Seat 4: BLUEberLEEZ (4,020)
Seat 5: j0s DU (2,030)
Seat 6: mawman (1,970)
Seat 7: SwoopAE (3,970)
Seat 8: DuckU (4,140)
DuckU posts the small blind of 10
The Chosen Wun posts the big blind of 20
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Js Ks]
Straight Right folds
Deegood folds
BLUEberLEEZ folds
j0s DU calls 20
mawman has 15 seconds left to act
mawman folds
SwoopAE raises to 75
David Pham sits down
David Pham adds 2,000
DuckU folds
The Chosen Wun folds
j0s DU calls 55
*** FLOP *** [Ad Kd 8h]
j0s DU checks
SwoopAE bets 125
j0s DU calls 125
*** TURN *** [Ad Kd 8h] [7s]
j0s DU checks
SwoopAE checks
*** RIVER *** [Ad Kd 8h 7s] [3h]
j0s DU checks
SwoopAE checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SwoopAE shows [Js Ks] a pair of Kings
j0s DU mucks
SwoopAE wins the pot (430) with a pair of Kings
David Pham adds 2,000
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 430 | Rake 0
Board: [Ad Kd 8h 7s 3h]
Seat 1: The Chosen Wun (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 2: Straight Right didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Deegood didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: BLUEberLEEZ didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: j0s DU mucked [Jc Qh] - Ace King high
Seat 6: mawman didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: SwoopAE (button) showed [Js Ks] and won (430) with a pair of Kings
Seat 8: DuckU (small blind) folded before the Flop

Last edited by SwoopAE; Sep 23, 2009 at 11:43pm.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:05am   #2
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

tid
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:54am   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

First notable hand, it's after the rebuy period, I was really card dead and finished the rebuy period with the starting stack.

I normally bet the turn but figured he checkshoves a decent amount due to stack sizes so I elected to check behind and snap off a river bet on any non Q/A river. Bad river, but I would have probably called a bet. Medium table draw, it's probably above average for a 100r with carlos being a fish and bobby, mawman and straight all being average players with the rest all good, sucks that David Pham and DuckU are to my left but DuckU seems pretty TAG for a pro and David Pham is just a laggy maniac who is pretty easy to deal with so i'm hoping for the best.

Busted early out of everything else i've played today (just ran QQ into AA in the 20r 6max which was the last one I had going) so hopefully I can make a deep run here.

Full Tilt Poker Game #14893726455: $33,000 Guarantee (1r+1a) (10826858, Table 23 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:48:49 ET - 2009/09/23
Seat 1: The Chosen Wun (4,670)
Seat 2: Straight Right (3,755)
Seat 3: Carlos34x (13,830)
Seat 4: BLUEberLEEZ (3,210)
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 (6,760)
Seat 6: mawman (3,940)
Seat 7: SwoopAE (6,545)
Seat 8: DuckU (8,385)
Seat 9: David Pham (10,545)
DuckU posts the small blind of 40
David Pham posts the big blind of 80
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Js Jc]
The Chosen Wun folds
Straight Right folds
Carlos34x folds
BLUEberLEEZ folds
bobbyisno1 folds
mawman folds
SwoopAE raises to 220
DuckU folds
David Pham raises to 700
SwoopAE calls 480
*** FLOP *** [Kd 6d 8h]
David Pham bets 720
SwoopAE calls 720
*** TURN *** [Kd 6d 8h] [6c]
David Pham checks
SwoopAE checks
*** RIVER *** [Kd 6d 8h 6c] [Qd]
David Pham has 15 seconds left to act
David Pham checks
SwoopAE checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
David Pham shows [Jh Ad] a pair of Sixes
SwoopAE shows [Js Jc] two pair, Jacks and Sixes
SwoopAE wins the pot (2,880) with two pair, Jacks and Sixes
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2,880 | Rake 0
Board: [Kd 6d 8h 6c Qd]
Seat 1: The Chosen Wun didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Carlos34x didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 7: SwoopAE (button) showed [Js Jc] and won (2,880) with two pair, Jacks and Sixes
Seat 9: David Pham (big blind) showed [Jh Ad] and lost with a pair of Sixes

Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:55am   #4
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Fun times when villain catches the river. I think my line is okay though. pretty gross, would have been up to nearly 11k. I could raise the turn but calling a shove and folding to a shove are so gross there.

I'm pretty sure can't fold the river since my hand is massively underrepped and he shouldn't be defending a five very often out of the blinds. I expected to see AQ, KQ, missed draws or some sort of straight/fh nuts there most of the time.

Full Tilt Poker Game #14893831379: $33,000 Guarantee (1r+1a) (10826858, Table 23 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:54:01 ET - 2009/09/23
Seat 1: The Chosen Wun (5,000)
Seat 2: Straight Right (3,635)
Seat 3: Carlos34x (13,700)
Seat 4: BLUEberLEEZ (4,470)
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 (6,880)
Seat 6: mawman (3,940)
Seat 7: SwoopAE (8,005)
Seat 8: DuckU (9,105)
Seat 9: David Pham (6,905)
BLUEberLEEZ posts the small blind of 50
bobbyisno1 posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [As Ad]
mawman folds
SwoopAE raises to 280
DuckU folds
David Pham folds
The Chosen Wun folds
Straight Right folds
Carlos34x folds
BLUEberLEEZ folds
bobbyisno1 calls 180
*** FLOP *** [Qd 5c 4s]
bobbyisno1 checks
SwoopAE bets 420
bobbyisno1 calls 420
*** TURN *** [Qd 5c 4s] [3s]
bobbyisno1 bets 600
SwoopAE calls 600
*** RIVER *** [Qd 5c 4s 3s] [5s]
bobbyisno1 bets 1,000
SwoopAE calls 1,000
*** SHOW DOWN ***
bobbyisno1 shows [6h 5h] three of a kind, Fives
SwoopAE mucks
bobbyisno1 wins the pot (4,650) with three of a kind, Fives
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,650 | Rake 0
Board: [Qd 5c 4s 3s 5s]
Seat 3: Carlos34x (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: BLUEberLEEZ (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 (big blind) showed [6h 5h] and won (4,650) with three of a kind, Fives
Seat 7: SwoopAE mucked [As Ad] - two pair, Aces and Fives
Seat 8: DuckU didn't bet (folded)
Seat 9: David Pham didn't bet (folded)

Last edited by SwoopAE; Sep 24, 2009 at 1:08am.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:13am   #5
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

I hate poker. I know I can shove the flop and he folds but I figure he has 2 outs (i'm right) and i'll get his stack on pretty much any blank turn. Maybe I should have popped to 1500 on the flop but that's just SO retarded.

He almost always has 99-QQ there anyway. So i'm supposed to call and value bet the turn if he checks but he usually shoves the turn because of the pot size and me showing weakness on the flop. FWIW villain is the table fish taking a shot above his roll.

Stupid aces.

Coincidentally, villain is the same guy who defended 56 and got there against my aces earlier.

Full Tilt Poker Game #14894145740: $33,000 Guarantee (1r+1a) (10826858, Table 23 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:10:35 ET - 2009/09/23
Seat 2: Straight Right (2,735)
Seat 3: Carlos34x (15,650)
Seat 4: BLUEberLEEZ (4,570)
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 (10,680)
Seat 6: mawman (4,590)
Seat 7: SwoopAE (5,355)
Seat 8: DuckU (8,355)
Seat 9: David Pham (4,705)
DuckU posts the small blind of 50
David Pham posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Ac As]
The Chosen Wun has 15 seconds left to act
The Chosen Wun folds
Straight Right folds
Carlos34x folds
BLUEberLEEZ folds
bobbyisno1 raises to 500
mawman folds
SwoopAE raises to 1,500
DuckU folds
David Pham folds
bobbyisno1 calls 1,000
*** FLOP *** [6c Kd 3h]
bobbyisno1 bets 500
SwoopAE calls 500
*** TURN *** [6c Kd 3h] [4s]
bobbyisno1 bets 8,680, and is all in
SwoopAE calls 3,355, and is all in
bobbyisno1 shows [4c 4h]
SwoopAE shows [Ac As]
Uncalled bet of 5,325 returned to bobbyisno1
*** RIVER *** [6c Kd 3h 4s] [Qh]
bobbyisno1 shows three of a kind, Fours
SwoopAE shows a pair of Aces
bobbyisno1 wins the pot (10,860) with three of a kind, Fours
SwoopAE stands up
The blinds are now 60/120
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 10,860 | Rake 0
Board: [6c Kd 3h 4s Qh]
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 showed [4c 4h] and won (10,860) with three of a kind, Fours
Seat 7: SwoopAE (button) showed [Ac As] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: David Pham (big blind) folded before the Flop

Last edited by SwoopAE; Sep 24, 2009 at 1:21am.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 7:22pm   #6
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
I hate poker. I know I can shove the flop and he folds but I figure he has 2 outs (i'm right) and i'll get his stack on pretty much any blank turn. Maybe I should have popped to 1500 on the flop but that's just SO retarded.

He almost always has 99-QQ there anyway. So i'm supposed to call and value bet the turn if he checks but he usually shoves the turn because of the pot size and me showing weakness on the flop. FWIW villain is the table fish taking a shot above his roll.

Stupid aces.

Coincidentally, villain is the same guy who defended 56 and got there against my aces earlier.

Full Tilt Poker Game #14894145740: $33,000 Guarantee (1r+1a) (10826858, Table 23 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:10:35 ET - 2009/09/23
Seat 2: Straight Right (2,735)
Seat 3: Carlos34x (15,650)
Seat 4: BLUEberLEEZ (4,570)
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 (10,680)
Seat 6: mawman (4,590)
Seat 7: SwoopAE (5,355)
Seat 8: DuckU (8,355)
Seat 9: David Pham (4,705)
DuckU posts the small blind of 50
David Pham posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SwoopAE [Ac As]
The Chosen Wun has 15 seconds left to act
The Chosen Wun folds
Straight Right folds
Carlos34x folds
BLUEberLEEZ folds
bobbyisno1 raises to 500
mawman folds
SwoopAE raises to 1,500
DuckU folds
David Pham folds
bobbyisno1 calls 1,000
*** FLOP *** [6c Kd 3h]
bobbyisno1 bets 500
SwoopAE calls 500
*** TURN *** [6c Kd 3h] [4s]
bobbyisno1 bets 8,680, and is all in
SwoopAE calls 3,355, and is all in
bobbyisno1 shows [4c 4h]
SwoopAE shows [Ac As]
Uncalled bet of 5,325 returned to bobbyisno1
*** RIVER *** [6c Kd 3h 4s] [Qh]
bobbyisno1 shows three of a kind, Fours
SwoopAE shows a pair of Aces
bobbyisno1 wins the pot (10,860) with three of a kind, Fours
SwoopAE stands up
The blinds are now 60/120
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 10,860 | Rake 0
Board: [6c Kd 3h 4s Qh]
Seat 5: bobbyisno1 showed [4c 4h] and won (10,860) with three of a kind, Fours
Seat 7: SwoopAE (button) showed [Ac As] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: David Pham (big blind) folded before the Flop
loosing with AA is always sucks.
because there are donks, maybe going all in preflop is the safe move, but long term you played correctly
Old Sep 26, 2009, 2:20am   #7
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Spoiler for those who haven't read the thread yet...

I didn't win

The low variance move would be to raise all in on the flop when he donks out, however I accurately predicated that villain had 2 outs (I actually had him on a range mostly consisting of 99-QQ), meaning that I want him to bluffshove the turn when I show 'weakness' by just calling the flop (if he doesn't I can value bet) the turn to commit the stacks). He's only going to improve 5% of the time and i'll usually get the rest of his stack, whereas if I shove the flop, while I win the pot close to 100% of the time, I miss a good opportunity to stack villain probably upwards of 75% of the time with only 5% risk that he'll improve to a better hand on the turn.

Last edited by SwoopAE; Sep 26, 2009 at 2:23am.