THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:35pm   #1
wizard210
Doyle Look-alike

wizard210 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to wizard210
Default KK?? Bet or Check

Not real sure what I was to do with KK here. Do I bet here to get another bet in and if raised let the hand go or just check it down to protect and save myself a bet.

No real reads on villians as I just sat down and this is like the third hand in.

Comments welcomed.

Absolute/UB Cereus Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Absolute/UB Cereus Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($9.45)
SB ($8.85)
Hero (BB) ($11.40)
UTG ($12.35)
MP ($4.85)
CO ($12.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with ,
UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, SB calls $0.15, Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25

Flop: ($2) , , (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.25, UTG calls $0.25, MP calls $0.25, SB calls $0.25

Turn: ($3) (4 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.50, UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold

River: ($4.50) (3 players)
Hero???

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:29pm   #2
Mbradycf
Doyle Look-alike

Mbradycf will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Mbradycf

I dont think you can b/f... either b/c or c/c i guess

I prefer a b/c since all J9, J8 and maybe AJ hands will raise you and most pairs will call
ALOT OF THE PEOPLE ON THE internet plays like pussys they got no gamble in them. They also aint very aggressive. The only time there aggressive is preflop. Post flop they play like bitches calling bets never raising unless the got the nuts. And 99.9% of the time that A PLAYER raiseS preflop they cbet the flop. AND THE CALLER ALWAYS FOLD TO THE CBET THINKING EVERY PREFLOP RAISER HAS A BIG POCKET PAIR. Basically they play terrible post flop.
Mbradycf est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 6:41pm   #3
Boomer2k6
TWLLM'ing My Showdowns

Boomer2k6 has a spectacular aura aboutBoomer2k6 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Boomer2k6 Send a message via MSN to Boomer2k6 Send a message via Skype™ to Boomer2k6

Bet...

Call.....

Hate....

Life

Limit Holdem: Because All 4 Streets Matter!!

You've Nowhere to Hide
Nowhere to Run
You're Rage, It'll
BURN Like the Heart of the Sun!!
With Infinite Glee
It's Going to be Me
That Minbets The World!!!

Boomer2k6 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:26pm   #4
madscout
Brunson

madscout is on a distinguished road

I check and call for one bet, fold to two bets.

madscout est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:27pm   #5
madscout
Brunson

madscout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbradycf View Post
I dont think you can b/f... either b/c or c/c i guess

I prefer a b/c since all J9, J8 and maybe AJ hands will raise you and most pairs will call
I would expect all of those Jx hands to raise earlier in the hand. If they DID decided to play them passively, it wouldn't make any sense for them to get aggressive on this river.

madscout est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2009, 11:01am   #6
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You played this hand really badly. You definitely shouldn't have caught a 9 on the river. Were you yelling "DEUCE!" at your monitor as the river was dealt? I thought not, you'll know for next time.

Your best line on the river is to check-call with caveats. You actually aren't giving up much value by checking, because some medium strength hands will bet the hand for you and you'll get the same amount in the pot as you do by betting if you're ahead. You might even encourage a bluff from a stupid hand like A8 occasionally.

Understand that where the bet comes from means different things. MP needs less to bet here than UTG does. Give both players a naked jack; UTG will feel he probably has the best hand but will be a little worried about the player behind him possibly having a ten. MP will feel that his jack is the best hand because you or UTG would definitely have bet a ten. Consequently, MP will be betting a pretty wide range given the situation and you can certainly call his bet without fear.

If UTG bets and MP calls, you would have an interesting situation if this was a 20-40 hand, because MP might smoothcall with a ten, knowing that he gets just as much value by encouraging you to overcall as he would by raising you out of the pot and getting a call from UTG. Perhaps even more value by smoothcalling, as UTG could have a ten too and you don't. At 25c-50c, I wouldn't expect to see this kind of finesse, in fact it would be worth making a note on any player who did this. Recognise also that you need a significantly stronger hand to overcall than you need to call; when you are calling, your hand needs to be strong enough to beat a bettor. When you overcall, your hand needs to be strong enough to beat a hand that's strong enough to beat a bettor.

As madscout observed, AJ and J8 would have raised before river, J9 can get to the river without raising and might think his hand was good enough to bet, similarly QJ. Since nobody's mentioned it yet, a seven also beats you and if someone shows down a seven, make a note on the player.

So, you should check-call if either player bets. You should mutter something about the dealer's parentage under your breath and call if UTG bets and MP calls. And you should fold if UTG bets and MP raises because MP always has at least a straight there.

Kc
Old Oct 09, 2009, 7:31pm   #7
jimmytrick
Professional

jimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nicejimmytrick is just really nice

KC gold.

jimmytrick est déconnecté   Reply With Quote