THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Dec 02, 2009, 11:06am   #1
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice
Default First shot at 200nl

Shot-taking pays off!

First up a decent 360+bb pot and proof that 200nl players aren't always better deep than 50nl players. Obviously I mangled the hand but who cares?:

Pacific $200.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 401140
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

UTG: $198.00
MP: $197.00
CO: $454.30
BTN: $59.50
Hero (SB): $367.75
BB: $467.00

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with 3 3
2 folds, CO raises to $7, 1 fold, Hero calls $6, 1 fold

Flop: ($16.00) 3 8 8 (2 players)
Hero bets $6.00, CO raises to $20, Hero calls $14

Turn: ($56.00) T (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $37.00, Hero raises to $80, CO calls $43

River: ($216.00) 5 (2 players)
Hero bets $100.00, CO raises to $347.30, Hero calls $160.75 all in

Final Pot: $737.50
CO shows 8 6
Hero shows 3 3
Hero wins $733.50
CO wins $86.55

Then to round it off a little while later:

Pacific $200.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 401147

BB: $206.00
UTG: $646.85
CO: $204.60
Hero (BTN): $584.10
SB: $523.50

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is BTN with 8 8
1 fold, CO raises to $6, Hero calls $6, SB calls $5, 1 fold

Flop: ($20.00) K K A (3 players)
SB checks, CO bets $11.00, Hero calls $11, SB calls $11

Turn: ($53.00) 8 (3 players)
SB checks, CO bets $45.00, Hero calls $45, SB folds

River: ($143.00) 6 (2 players)
CO bets $142.60, Hero calls $142.60

Final Pot: $428.20
CO shows 5 7
Hero shows 8 8
Hero wins $424.20

Summary:
  • Up 5BI over 900 hands taking shots at 200nl
  • Played like a tosser in big pots but got paid off
  • Back to 100nl before I lose it all again

Last edited by Mr Beaks; Dec 02, 2009 at 11:59am.
Mr Beaks est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Dec 02, 2009, 11:18am   #2
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

you butchered both of these pretty badly

and wtf is the dude in #1 shoving the river lol

BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2009, 12:11pm   #3
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
you butchered both of these pretty badly

and wtf is the dude in #1 shoving the river lol
I know I did - I got so excited about flopping the joint in hand 1 that I totally lost track of how I should be playing it. My line it so weird. Please feel free to tell me how I should have played them both.

My view is:

Hand 1
Bet $12 on the flop, CR more on the turn and bet larger on the river (probably I can shove the river if the F & T bet sizing is better). Can't believe the guy goes broke with crappy trips that deep though.

Hand 2
Probably fold flop but definitely raise turn. Didn't think this one was so bad since villain does all the work for me.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 02, 2009, 10:27pm   #4
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

hahaha ezgame

grats
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2009, 8:35am   #5
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red4Eva View Post
hahaha ezgame
So it would seem!

Pacific $200.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 403325

BTN: $200.00
Hero (SB): $365.00
BB: $200.00
UTG: $172.30
MP: $214.22
CO: $428.40

Pre Flop: ($3.00) Hero is SB with K K
UTG raises to $7, 3 folds, Hero raises to $22, 1 fold, UTG raises to $172.30, Hero calls $150.30

Flop: ($346.60) 4 5 K (2 players)

Turn: ($346.60) 9 (2 players)

River: ($346.60) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $346.60
Hero shows K K
UTG shows Q 9
Hero wins $342.60
(Rake: $4.00)

Pacific......there really is no place like it!
Old Dec 03, 2009, 6:34pm   #6
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post

Hand 1
Bet $12 on the flop, CR more on the turn and bet larger on the river (probably I can shove the river if the F & T bet sizing is better). Can't believe the guy goes broke with crappy trips that deep though.

Hand 2
Probably fold flop but definitely raise turn. Didn't think this one was so bad since villain does all the work for me.

Thoughts?
Hand 1
Fold preflop (or sometimes 3bet). Dont EVER lead this flop with anything. After all that, you need you sizing to work out to get AI by the river. Raise turn higher and then shove river.

Dunno about flop, I think I would 3bet once he raises. If you just call his flop raise chances are that's all the money you get from TT+. At the same time 8x has like 4 outs and the weak 8x stack if you 3b flop but might fold/get to sd cheaper if you just call the raise. Just like it went down, he should just be calling river (maybe folding) and you lose almost a buyin because of you funky line.

Hand 2
Fold the flop and it's not even remotely debatable.

Old Dec 03, 2009, 8:59pm   #7
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Quote:
Hand 1
Fold preflop (or sometimes 3bet). Dont EVER lead this flop with anything. After all that, you need you sizing to work out to get AI by the river. Raise turn higher and then shove river.

Dunno about flop, I think I would 3bet once he raises. If you just call his flop raise chances are that's all the money you get from TT+. At the same time 8x has like 4 outs and the weak 8x stack if you 3b flop but might fold/get to sd cheaper if you just call the raise. Just like it went down, he should just be calling river (maybe folding) and you lose almost a buyin because of you funky line.

Hand 2
Fold the flop and it's not even remotely debatable.
Totally agree on hand 2, especially since I'm not last to act. Hand 1 though - why can't lead the flop? People love to spazz against donk bets and it's very likely I'm full of shit when I lead so weak. I hate check / calling all the time and a CR on the flop seems too strong.
Old Dec 03, 2009, 10:43pm   #8
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

yeah no offense buts that's 2002 like poker talk

you say
1) People love to spazz against donk bets
2) it's very likely I'm full of shit when I lead so weak
3) I hate check / calling all the time
4) a CR on the flop seems too strong.

1) ok that's an exploitive argument and def valid. if you think people get in tons of money against a donk with random hands but wont put in more than a cbet otherwise ok. but how do you know?
2) and thus? while this sounds good it doesn't mean anything.
3) you hate it? so? pretty random blabla
4) seems too strong? now you've completely lost all rationale

working out the details here is complicated, but a few things.

- his range is stronger than yours on the flop, and he is the pfr, thus he should drive the betting. he will cbet this very frequently. in which case checking 100% is correct.
- your range is full of weak made hands (pps/Ahi) and contains few nut hands. that means your range cannot support to polarize the strong hands from the weak made hands this early. (if you donk 33/8x then you are c/calling pps only = he can barrel the hell out of you)

that's just theory wise. practically, you can look at individual hands. How do you get the max out of various hands? for most air hands the answer is c/c and like him turn a pair. for most medium made hands, the answer is you will get between 2 and 3 bets, like 2 if you c/c, 3 if you c/r, as a board estimate. for the strong made hands the answer is you should c/r and start shoveling money into the pot, though calling down to raise the river isn't much worse. Combining all these, and thinking about protecting your own weak made hands, the standard play would be a flop c/c and go from there, while mixing in a c/r very occasionally.

Old Dec 04, 2009, 12:06am   #9
FishersFritz
Mz Mz Mz Baby!

FishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to FishersFritz

Quote:
Hand 1
Fold preflop (or sometimes 3bet).
Why would you fold a pp that deep preflop?
I would rarely fold that pre being 100bb deep.
FishersFritz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote