THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 17, 2010, 8:47pm   #11
ElKabong
River Rat

ElKabong is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
you can probably find holdem for advanced players on rapidshare. the meat of the book might not be appropriate to your games just yet...try miller's small stakes hold'em instead.
I've read SSHE about a year ago and it helped a lot, but it's probably time for a reread since i wasn't ready for everything. Thing is that the swedish version (it got it real cheap) was riddled with hands that didn't make sense in context with the text due to poor translation.

Quote:
if you use a database and hud, you can always see how people respond to cbets, but by and large i would expect your opponents to call them too often. this means you should pure cbet less and bet the better nothings for value.
I use a database but not a hud due to lack of computing power. As an unemployed mediocre poker player anew computer isn't really top priority either. But I'll check on the regulars.

Quote:
i'm saving up my caustic sarcasm for people who think they know something.
Ah yes, the KC way of calling me ignorant
ElKabong est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 17, 2010, 9:20pm   #12
ElKabong
River Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2k6 View Post
It can still be profitable vs bad loose players becasue you get to play in position with initiative and if you're a strong value bettor you get to dictate the action. Out of position I agree with folding your weaker, and especially easily dominated, hands but if I'm first in on the CO or Button just becasue the BB is a 70% VPIP retard won't stop me opening a ton on him.
Lately I've been trying to steal more and more, but at the wrong times, like against the calling stations. I mainly learned that it's not a style I'm comfortable witg right now. I need too ease into these things. Right now it just puts me on tilt when I won't give them credit to a check raise when they flopped two pair with crap. Better just ease into it, read more and get comfortable with in instead of being pissed at some guy calling with crap when that's the kind of players that give me their money in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer2k6 View Post
I also do open a ton from the SB (although not much atm becasue I'm playing 3/6 and that's a 1/3 structure so I've back off to about top 40% of hands) because a lot of players do not defend their Big Blind enough, especially at low stakes, now obviously if your opponent always defends then you can think about how to react but as a defualt I still open decently wide and I also overlimp a shitload in a 1/2 structure if there are 2 open-limpers, that's just basic pot odds.
Add reading more about blind defense to my to do list. Check
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:33am   #13
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I've read SSHE about a year ago and it helped a lot, but it's probably time for a reread since i wasn't ready for everything. Thing is that the swedish version (it got it real cheap) was riddled with hands that didn't make sense in context with the text due to poor translation.
i have a pdf of sshe, and possibly hfap somewhere if you can't find them in english. you could always shell out $30 but it seems like the sucker play.

Quote:
I use a database but not a hud due to lack of computing power. As an unemployed mediocre poker player anew computer isn't really top priority either. But I'll check on the regulars.
really? have huds got so bloaty that they won't run on an old computer any more? i ran a hud on a 2 year old computer 4 years ago with no problems.

Quote:
Ah yes, the KC way of calling me ignorant
i can insult you if you want, if it's some kind of rite of passage you feel you're missing out on?

Kc
Old Jan 18, 2010, 9:19am   #14
ElKabong
River Rat

Quote:
really? have huds got so bloaty that they won't run on an old computer any more? i ran a hud on a 2 year old computer 4 years ago with no problems.
That's about what I'm using. The hud is probably more or less the same, but the client software should be more demanding now. And when multi tabling at everest, where i play the most, the PT hud just isn't that good, unless you like tables popping to the front whenever it's your turn.

Quote:
i can insult you if you want, if it's some kind of rite of passage you feel you're missing out on?
Save it until I say something really retarded. It'll probably happen sooner or later. There's a reason i waited a year before starting to post here, instead of wondring about things asked and answered a million times before. Btw how do i caluculate pot odds when i know my outs?