THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:44am   #1
ElKabong
River Rat

ElKabong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schooling of fish

I so hate fridays. Hands down my top losing day. Right now my head is spinning. I just lost aver 50 BB in an hour on a few different limits. The bad beats today have been crazy. Runner runner this and runner runner that, everyone but me hits their draws every time and every moron calling three bets cold with 22 hit their set. Same thing as last friday. Today I'm almost down all of my profits this month, and it's been one of my best months ever. Guess variance is catching up to me.

Sometimes I just think I should stop playing limit on weekends, but deep down I know it's just crazy talk. After all the fish are out to play and it should be profitable for me. I should have the upper hand being at least a half decent player. I just hope this is just one of those days, but it's tough losing about 20% of my BR in one day. I know it's just 1k hands and that these downswings do happen but -11BB/100 is just a bit much to take. This is far from my first downswing, but it just might be the steepest so far.

Enough whining and onward. I know how schooling of fish works and that it should be profitable for me to play even against a table full of the loosest calling stations. At least in the long run. Today I think I've played better post flop than usual, a lot thanks to KC and the rest of the forum. A lot less c-betting against multiple opponents when not in position, more valuebetting and three betting to protect my hands on draw heavy boards to make them pay. Should I adjust my game in some way when dealing with the crap ass weekend player? Being aggressive preflop doesn't work. Calling raises cold with suited connectors against against multiple callers doesn't seem like a good idea either. I guess bringing my A-game should be good enough in the long run and getting out when I feel the tilt coming.

Thing is, I'd rather post here and get flamed for whining, like so many other before me, than just think too much about this and do something stupid that will damage my game. If there's at least one word of wisdom for every "suck it up it's all part of the game" this'll be worth it.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jan 23, 2010, 5:19am   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

keep it simple.

you beat bad players by showing them a hand.

when you run bad, study.

Kc