THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 26, 2010, 9:09pm   #11
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
I challenged you. Pretty sure you'll demolish me but might be fun anyway.
I hope both of your predictions come true. Best of luck.

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:13pm   #12
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Flange me with a waffle iron....

After reading this thread I have come to realize that as far as what I know of chess....

It's checkers with funny looking pieces that move differently

I think that is a wonderful comparison of the knowledge gaps

Can you rail these chess matches railable? or if it is a move a day maybe pretty pictures in a post :p
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:20pm   #13
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh View Post
Flange me with a waffle iron....

After reading this thread I have come to realize that as far as what I know of chess....

It's checkers with funny looking pieces that move differently

I think that is a wonderful comparison of the knowledge gaps

Can you rail these chess matches railable? or if it is a move a day maybe pretty pictures in a post :p
I'm not sure about places like FICS where I haven't played before, but at chess.com it isn't really possible to chat with the players in the game window (players can chat with each other). It's definitely possible to watch other peoples' games though just like opening another table on a poker site. You just can't read the private chat between the two players.

We've only played correspondence matches so far, where you can move as fast as you like (every couple seconds) or take a few days to move. We've played 3 days/move but we rarely use the full time. You can set it up to be faster or slower.

There is also live chess where you can play with a clock - any time setting you like.

It's all good fun ggnh, and if you're interested in picking up the game, then this is a friendly and easy way to do it.

Edit: Fixed my post

Last edited by the_fox31; Mar 26, 2010 at 10:27pm.
the_fox31 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:06am   #14
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fox31 View Post
It's definitely possible to watch other peoples' games though
which i did, and it was hilarious.

Quote:
It's all good fun ggnh, and if you're interested in picking up the game, then this is a friendly and easy way to do it.
everyone should play, unless they're better than me.

akibathepenguin on chess.com. all challengers welcome. unrated games are fine.

rep points for the first person to tell me where my s/n comes from

Kc
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:31pm   #15
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

Kc
Pervy manga imo.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:24pm   #16
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Kc

Akiba Solomon?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:45pm   #17
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:

Kc
A terrible David Heavener movie?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:14pm   #18
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

wrong, wrong and wrong.

clue: greatest chess player to never be world champion.

Kc
Old Mar 29, 2010, 5:05pm   #19
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

C H O'D. Alexander ?
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:27pm   #20
Mr Beaks
Don't got it going on

Mr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really niceMr Beaks is just really nice

Quote:
clue: greatest chess player to never be world champion.

Kc
Akiba Rubinstein?