THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:02pm   #21
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

FWIW I went to Chess.com and got to replay a KC vs fox game.. kinda cool
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:21pm   #22
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Beaks View Post
Akiba Rubinstein?
winner!

and a link to the greatest combination of all time http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1119679

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggnh
FWIW I went to Chess.com and got to replay a KC vs fox game.. kinda cool
the one that begins 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5? he cheated in that game.

Kc
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:17am   #23
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
the one that begins 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5? he cheated in that game.

Kc
Such lies. Just because you found the Ruy dry.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 7:41am   #24
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

if i studied it i might find lines that suit my style or at least have some idea what the tried and tested middlegame plan is. it's not as much fun as the openings i usually play.

Kc
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:22pm   #25
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

Yes that was the game... fox is such a cheater! ( lolz)
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 5:04am   #26
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

Here's another game I obviously cheated in. Even though I lost, it's still kind of a brag because until kc made the sac on move 19 I had a very comfortable position. If I had more than a couple minutes on my clock the rest of the game might not have looked like such a slaughter. The next few moves were pretty crushing and by move 30 I was down to my last couple seconds. Feel free to stop there

10 minute blitz/lightning/whatever the term is: http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=17068109

If this link doesn't work, then let me know.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:16pm   #27
ggnh
Disco

The link worked fine.

Old Apr 03, 2010, 6:08pm   #28
BubbleBoy
BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleBoy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

heh I got into a funky spot here, whats the best line? White to move.

e: FEN: r1b1k2r/ppp2pp1/2n4p/3Pq3/Qb6/2N5/PP2PPPP/R3KBNR w kq - 0 1

Last edited by BubbleBoy; Apr 03, 2010 at 10:19pm.
BubbleBoy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 03, 2010, 8:10pm   #29
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleBoy View Post
heh I got into a funky spot here, whats the best line? White to move.

I don't really play chess, but I'd look at that knight on c3. If you don't do anything about that spot you got bishop to c3 and if you pawn to c3 then he queens to c3 and you are check and losing a rook and more.

You can do that offensively, so I'd prob develop king side knight to f3 but it'd be a short sited move probably. Still might be correct not sure.
Old Apr 04, 2010, 1:48pm   #30
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Re: BB's position.

11.Rc1 seems best. 11...Qe4 (threat of 12...Bxc3+ and 13...Qxa4) 12.Qd1 Ne7 (intending Nd5 adding pressure to c3) 13.Qd2 (breaking the pin on the c3 knight, with threat of 14.Nxe4. there is also 13.d6 cxd6 14.Qxd6 Qxe2+ 15.Bxe2 Bxd6, but leaving him with the bishop pair seems like a bad idea on a board this open). this probably resolves 13...Qxd5 14.Nxd5 Bxd2+ 15.Kxd2 Nxd5...white is a little better here but not by much.

could also try 11.Rd1 Bxc3+ 12.bxc3 Qxc3+ 13.Rd2 Qc1+ (or Qa1+) 14.Qd1 Qxd1+ (forced) 15.Kxd1 Ne5 16.e4. again, white is a little better, but not by much. i prefer the previous line, it's much easier for your opponent to make a catastrophic mistake there. also in this line, your pawns are going to end up wrecked; he can play f5 here and whatever line you play you're going to end up with 3 pawn islands and possibly another isolated or doubled pawn.

7.Ne4 is inaccurate, but you probably realise that seeing where it led. dxe6 and bank the pawn. more severe is 9.dxe5, if you play Qa4+ right away his queen doesn't hit c3 and he drops a piece.

Kc