THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > PokerTips Lounge

Old Apr 22, 2010, 3:17pm   #11
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post

only if you find a girl who likes her men pathetic and self depreciating.
What if I tell her I have 'above average intelligence'?

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 22, 2010, 4:25pm   #12
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
What if I tell her I have 'above average intelligence'?
talk about yourself as little as possible. ask her about her, and pretend to be interested in the facile, mentally debilitating crap that constitutes her life.

if glockers was a real friend he'd link you to their facebook pages before you fly out so that you can listen to some terrible songs by their favourite bands and familiarise yourself with whatever mindnumbing tv shows they think are cool.

and remember this isn't a job interview, you have to sell yourself by not selling yourself. they have to think they've discovered that you're awesome.

i should be writing a book. the world is full of horny losers.

Kc

(that last line was a joke, but it was too funny to not say and i have that brain disease that makes me always say the funny thing even if it's going to get me arrested or stabbed or thrown out of a plane. girls like men who are funny - use my michael j fox joke, it's a lock)
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:32pm   #13
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I was kidding that was a snaggle reference from when you mocked him for being of 'above average intelligence'

Thank you for the advice though ;)

Edit: Wait, did I just get re-levelled?

Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:37pm   #14
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
I was kidding that was a snaggle reference from when you mocked him for being of 'above average intelligence'
i knew what it was a reference to, but i only speak to snaggle to call him an idiot, and the only reason he should ever be involved in anything is to make the people around him look better

Quote:
Edit: Wait, did I just get re-levelled?
no. not in the way you think anyway.

Kc
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:04pm   #15
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's Bundaberg, if i'm motivated I give myself at least 10-1 even with my relative lack of game. Manliness and chivalry aside, if you're a) employed and b) have all of your teeth intact you're automatically an eligible bachelor in that town
But you aren't employed, right?
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:32pm   #16
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

I was waiting for that.

Trust me, in bundaberg a job is picking fruit or working at mcdonalds. Making 50-100k playing poker and travelling the world is pretty balla for south-central queensland standards as sad as that may be.

In other words... no, i'm not employed

Old Apr 22, 2010, 6:38pm   #17
killcrazy
Apex Predator

last time you commented on your earn it was 40-50k, and all you've done is complain about how bad you run since then. you double your earn by running bad?

Kc
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:10pm   #18
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
and the only reason he should ever be involved in anything is to make the people around him look better
At first I was like "well, that seems a little harsh."

But then I realized that everytime anyone said that I hid well last game, it was prefaced with something about snaggle and then "to his credit, kmay etc".

You have just discovered the law of snaggle imo.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:15pm   #19
TWLLM

TWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to beholdTWLLM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
last time you commented on your earn it was 40-50k, and all you've done is complain about how bad you run since then. you double your earn by running bad?

Kc
Maybe it's the whole northern vs. southern hemisphere thing - i.e. running bad in Australia is running good in the northern hemisphere. The poker luck equivalent of the coriolis effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU
Oh, and obviously, TWLLM, we'd all rather you just ruled with an iron fist of nittiness and made all decisions without consultation, but that goes without saying, right?
TWLLM est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:15pm   #20
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Quote:

Kc
Accurate for last year and the year before

This year i'm still up ~30k for the first four months combined despite being down a little over 10k over the past 6 weeks (more like 15-16k from playing but I backed a guy who won me 6k), we're a third of the way through the year? It's been weird two months of running ridiculously hot followed by 6-7 weeks of running ice cold so far. I think every week of the year has been either more than +1k or worse than -1k so far.

In any case I still expect to be up more than 50k from poker and probably more like 70 if I run to expectation between now and Dec 31.