THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old May 21, 2010, 8:20pm   #1
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ptips members song reviews

Stolen from Kc's well

just as the title sounds post songs Ptips member listen to them and if they want to review them bonus......

imo the chance to hear new music is great but I really just want to see what you wackos are listening to......

I will start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OytaCVZfneE

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old May 21, 2010, 8:52pm   #2
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
Stolen from Kc's well

just as the title sounds post songs Ptips member listen to them and if they want to review them bonus......

imo the chance to hear new music is great but I really just want to see what you wackos are listening to......

I will start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OytaCVZfneE
I've always like MSI just due to their different style, and this song is no different (lawl). I'd give it 7/10

Now I need to think of one to post.
Old May 21, 2010, 8:55pm   #3
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_hgh5jLTuE

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGgY0M5ivzM

Both are great, as are most of this bands songs.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:03am   #4
kmay06
Professional

Also, since I'm trying to find a way to not do work, I'm putting together a program that'll take an input of song titles and scores, then arrange them in a rating system.

I can do a bayesian rating system, so it'll display them as you would see in like imdb top50 lists and such where for each additional person who rates the song adds weight to it etc.
Old May 22, 2010, 12:40am   #5
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
Also, since I'm trying to find a way to not do work, I'm putting together a program that'll take an input of song titles and scores, then arrange them in a rating system.

I can do a bayesian rating system, so it'll display them as you would see in like imdb top50 lists and such where for each additional person who rates the song adds weight to it etc.

i love it and to think some acehole said you had nothing interesting to say...

Quote:

this on the other hand not so much

3/10
4/10

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
Old May 22, 2010, 5:44am   #6
kmay06
Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
i love it and to think some acehole said you had nothing interesting to say...

this on the other hand not so much

3/10
4/10
Nothing interesting outside of science. One could classify this as computer science.

And what about the songs do you not like?
Old May 22, 2010, 9:37am   #7
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Never heard of these guys before. Intro to the first song could pass for the opening theme of the hottest new SNES game circa 1994. The little choral stuff is overdoing it a bit, but oh well. Once the guy starts singing it all degenerates into a shit sandwich of epic proportions pretty fast, though. How unfortunate. Also, I don't really need this to be 8 minutes+. I do like the solo at 3:30-4:40, although again, it could be shorter.

Second one, meh, a little too bland, a little too overly dramatic. I still hate the singer.

I sort of like the Jets 'n Guns theme they apparently also did. Nice and propulsive, and the guy doesn't feel the need to spoil it all by opening his mouth.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and sticky this topic now.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 12:24pm   #8
acehole_76

Quote:
And what about the songs do you not like?

i didnt like anything

it was very bland and very long...i do not like the lead singers voice which is huge with me. plus as a specail bonus i didnt like the music behind the shitty vocals.

Kc
Old May 22, 2010, 7:27pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

MSI - I Never Wanted To Dance. solid, less insane than the other tracks ace posted, 7/10.

Machinae Supremacy - Player One. intro A is okay, its imperfect but decent, intro B is weak. verse is pointless and slightly out of tune in places. his "vibrato" is horrible. the main musical theme of the song is pleasant, there are too many weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bends though. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee bends are what you do when you can't think of a cadence that works. i can give this 5.5/10 and not feel bad about it unless it closes badly...which it should have done by now frankly. no there are three and a half minutes left and i'm bored of it...4.25/10.

Machinae Supremacy - Sountrack To The Rebellion. Okay, intro starts good but loses track of itself and becomes awkward. ooh strings, which also start good and get lost. guitary bit is less bad, then the singer comes in and reminds you that he needs to be neutered. bored after 3 minutes 40. this is the musical equivalent of attack of the clones. soundtrack to the fucking rebellion? seriously? you think this is what a populist uprising sounds like? no. soundtrack to the waiting at the doctors to get your ingrowing toenail looked at. 4.5/10.

they'd score higher if they had a singer who could sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqULWnmPZJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ww3XH4zEg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS0mQ25ezq4

more later.

Kc
Old May 22, 2010, 7:48pm   #10
the_fox31
Resident Fox

the_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud ofthe_fox31 has much to be proud of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDh2sYQRpo

Face melting guitar solo. Deeply moving lyrics. Perfect outro. And just an overwhelming live performance in general.

More quality from this band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsCeVdCDqjE