THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:21pm   #21
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWLLM View Post
Or I can make a bait post (2mM would have banned you if he wanted to anyway) just so I can enjoy watching the puppet dance.

I must admit I enjoy watching how much Killcrazy overreacts to the slightest criticism.
go eat a dick you thigh bloodying homesick abortion.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:57pm   #22
MCT
Brunson

MCT has a spectacular aura aboutMCT has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Or I can make a bait post (insert implicit mention of mod solidarity and ultimate forum power here) just so I can enjoy watching the puppet dance.
Real puppet master, yeah...

Quote:
I must admit I enjoy watching how much Killcrazy overreacts to the slightest criticism.
Assuming that's true regarding the event in question (it's certainly a more general truth), it's no less true that certain kinds of people feel compelled to giggle derisively, vomit, roll their eyes and maybe even break things after reading posts like yours.

"Excellent. Everything is going as planned."

Indeed...

Last edited by MCT; Jun 20, 2010 at 11:02pm.
MCT est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:05am   #23
glockers
Professional

glockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to beholdglockers is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
i thought about it. i thought "glockers seems to be interested in a betfair account, will i let him take a suboptimal deal, or will i tell my friend that there are substantially better deals to be had?"
Kc
KC considers me a friend. Seriously a soft side of KC has emerged.
glockers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:36am   #24
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

If you're not a mod you can't by definition have an informed opinion on whether or not the mods are doing a crappy job, since you have no way of seeing what they actually do.

That said, I could see why the promotion post looks like spam, and I probably would've gotten rid of it, if not for 2mM telling me not to. Having a known 'tips staffer post the promotions instead of the 1-post, black-on-blue lettering-posting guy (legit though he apparently is) or at least having whoever it was that coordinated the promotion post in the thread right away to confirm that it's legit would've made that clearer, at least.

Imo.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:47am   #25
Bonsai29
fortune´s biggest pimp

Bonsai29 has a spectacular aura aboutBonsai29 has a spectacular aura aboutBonsai29 has a spectacular aura about

wow ...

i miss two things:

and a fight corner bump
"I wouldn't be so quick to blame TV poker. I would wager it's something more in the neighborhood of poor upbringing / sub-par schools / eating paint chips and other various household toxins. If they didn't have poker to yell (or type) nonsensically about, they would just stand on the street corner and scream obscenities." zolaboy
---

"building a huge catapult clearly is the best solution here"

2muchMoney

Bonsai29 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:11am   #26
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
If you're not a mod you can't by definition have an informed opinion on whether or not the mods are doing a crappy job, since you have no way of seeing what they actually do.

That said, I could see why the promotion post looks like spam, and I probably would've gotten rid of it, if not for 2mM telling me not to. Having a known 'tips staffer post the promotions instead of the 1-post, black-on-blue lettering-posting guy (legit though he apparently is) or at least having whoever it was that coordinated the promotion post in the thread right away to confirm that it's legit would've made that clearer, at least.

Imo.
you have a point here and yeah i should have stepped in earlier. looking back that was a mistake and i'm sorry for that.
however, i also agree with this:
Quote:
i mean come on, it's not a big deal. and the best part is Kc complaining that i did not ask nicely. so basically Kc is pissed because i wasnt nice to him? oh the irony...

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:46am   #27
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleU View Post
not true. if you notice the mods, they are doing a bad job. if the board is spam free the mods are to be respected. if spam frequently goes undeleted, perhaps not.

a mod who is unidentifiable as a mod, who simply goes about his duties quietly and keeps his status as a mod separate from his status as a community member is a good mod. a mod who keeps telling you he's a mod and stomps around in size 6 jackboots waving his shriveled banhammer dick about needs to befall a misadventure courtesy of a firm of skinheads who erroneously believe him to be a half jewish immigrant who supports their rival football team.

Quote:

Imo.
thank you.

now purely for shits and giggles, can someone explain to me why asking for a stake is not soliciting?

Kc
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:00pm   #28
2muchMONEY
[♥] PTips

2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute2muchMONEY has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to 2muchMONEY Send a message via AIM to 2muchMONEY Send a message via Yahoo to 2muchMONEY
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
if the board is spam free the mods are to be respected. if spam frequently goes undeleted, perhaps not.
so you're saying the mods are doing a good job?
nice

By the Way , war ich in Uruguay hob von dort mein anderes Verhalten
-forum spammer

2muchMONEY est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:05pm   #29
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

1. Spam does not "frequently go undeleted" here by any means. Are you suggesting it does, or should I not infer this from your post?

2. Since you don't know if this board gets on average 1, 10, 100 or 1000 spam posts a day, you don't know what percentage of spam is cleaned up fast enough for the crowd not to notice, which would seem to me to be the fairest yardstick to measure mod performance against. If the answer is 1000 posts/day, it would be unreasonable to expect to never encounter any undeleted spam, if the answer is 1 post/day you could reasonably expect to rarely run into that post. Of course, the odds of finding not yet deleted spam go up as you log onto the forums more frequently. In any case, I don't think anyone here is suggesting or expecting 24/7 mod oversight so yes, spam will occasionally go unnoticed and therefore undeleted for, say, a day or so. If you feel like you have a solution to this problem, feel free to share it with all of us. You're also welcome to report any unnoticed spam and it will get dealt with asap.

3. Leaving aside for a moment the fact that the Betfair promotion post could fairly easily be mistaken for spam (something which 2mM has conceded and apologised for, so there), when 2mM sends you a private message (or warning, whatever - this may or may not offend you more than a regular pm but I don't really consider it very relevant) regarding your post this does resemble "go[ing] about his duties quietly" a lot more than it does "stomp[ing] around in size 6 jackboots waving his shriveled banhammer dick". To me at least. You're of course free to disagree with any moderator's decision or with any of the forum house rules and to air your grievances, but it does strike me as a little odd that you're pretending 2mM blew all this up into some sort of public dick-waving contest when he intended to keep everything between him and you, hence the private warning.

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2010, 2:31pm   #30
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
now purely for shits and giggles, can someone explain to me why asking for a stake is not soliciting?

Kc
I would love to hear the answer to this?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote