THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jul 01, 2010, 1:24pm   #11
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

ok i got the details. I will be on the Triumph.

Progreso, Yucatan, Mexico:
A seaside retreat located just 40 kilometers north of Merida along the Gulf Coast of Mexico, Progreso is quickly becoming an important gateway for cruise ship guests. Founded in 1872 by Juan Miguel Castro and heavily influenced by the Mayan culture, Progreso enjoys a very simple and relaxed lifestyle. Its white-sand beaches, emerald green waters and cooling gulf breezes are a natural draw for vacationers from all over the world.

Cozumel, Mexico:
Long before Cancun became a popular destination, Cozumel was well-known as a diving spot and home to the world famous Palancar Reef, which gives divers the opportunity to view thousands of brilliantly colored fish. Non-divers can kick back on a sun-drenched beach, or enjoy any number of seaside activities, such as shopping in colorful marketplaces or dining in an open-air café.

i wish it was more specific about the port locations though. Any thoughts? am debating on whether or not to take a New Orleans tour.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jul 01, 2010, 3:50pm   #12
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Cool. If you've only got 8 hrs. you're probably best off staying in Progreso, Merida is a nice city but it's probably too far away and not really rewarding enough to go there for just an afternoon. IMO you don't really have enough time to do anything but wander around a bit, relax on the beach and enjoy a pescado frito and knock back a few beers on a seaside terrace. But that's not such a bad deal

Quote:
When DoubleU says, "wtf, no" you should take heed.
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus View Post
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
DoubleU est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 1:49pm   #13
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

The cruise was pretty fun. There were plenty of hot girls there, btw. might have gotten lucky.

I played in the lame qualifying tourney you guys mentioned. The tournament took way too long (people actually knew how to play, WTF) and blinds got up to 3000/6000 with 5 k starting stacks and 10 people.

When we got down to 3, we have been playing so long we decided to chop the winnings and play for the seat. I finished second, a pre flop push with fives and a call by nines(we both made a full house on the board, go figure). I had slightly less chips than the winner.

So i left with a $100 profit.

The cruise itself was very fun, good food and people. There was a potential hurricane in-the-making at Progresso, but progresso sucks anyway. Every stereo type of Mexico was confirmed there.

Cozumel on the other hand was very fun and relaxing. We had some authentic Mexican and relaxed on the beach I proposed to my GF and had a great day.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:11pm   #14
DoubleU
Calling station #1

DoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond reputeDoubleU has a reputation beyond repute

Oooh, you proposed? She said yes I assume, if you posted it here? Congrats!

Quote:
- jimmytrick
Quote:
youre thinking ship all the money to big daddy and are now thinking about how to receive that shipment
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:17pm   #15
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
The cruise was pretty fun. There were plenty of hot girls there, btw. might have gotten lucky.

I played in the lame qualifying tourney you guys mentioned. The tournament took way too long (people actually knew how to play, WTF) and blinds got up to 3000/6000 with 5 k starting stacks and 10 people.

When we got down to 3, we have been playing so long we decided to chop the winnings and play for the seat. I finished second, a pre flop push with fives and a call by nines(we both made a full house on the board, go figure). I had slightly less chips than the winner.

So i left with a $100 profit.

The cruise itself was very fun, good food and people. There was a potential hurricane in-the-making at Progresso, but progresso sucks anyway. Every stereo type of Mexico was confirmed there.

Cozumel on the other hand was very fun and relaxing. We had some authentic Mexican and relaxed on the beach I proposed to my GF and had a great day.
congrats...however at the risk of being a killjoy...if you are talking about maybe "getting lucky" are you sure you're ready to tie the knot?
Just talking from many long years of marrage...be sure you're ready my friend
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:31pm   #16
DoubleU
Calling station #1

Ha I think he just meant he was lucky to be on a boat with a bunch of hot girls instead of saggy pensioners, not that he was trying to "get lucky" with one of them.

Quote:
- jimmytrick
Quote:
Old Jul 12, 2010, 5:31pm   #17
IronLen1972
Degenerate

IronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant futureIronLen1972 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I read that as he got lucky that the boat had nice looking girls too.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 7:08pm   #18
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

haha, Iron Len is right on that one.

She said yes, and we have been dating for 5 years so i was pretty sure

I drank some Mexican water though, but the sign said it was purified and i didn't crap my pants
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:26pm   #19
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

my bad read then PJ...my apoligies
congrats.

Hope she's a Bills fan
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 6:05pm   #20
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjack9 View Post
my bad read then PJ...my apoligies
congrats.

Hope she's a Bills fan
Unfortunately, yes. We bought Season opener tickets vs. Miami just today lol.