THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:29pm   #1
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default A different kind of game selection, II

I'm curious about what setup of tables players are going for. I believe Ishbu once claimed that he played 4 LHE tables and 1 NLHE table.

Does anyone mix different poker games? (Having PLO and PLO8 games in parallell could be dangerous I guess...) Do you mix cash games and tournaments?

Are there any specific benefits about your particular setup?

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:20am   #2
Stepi
pro trapper

Stepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond reputeStepi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishUltraDeluxe View Post

Does anyone mix different poker games?
I guess u havent seen that legendary joeyjoejoejr vid

there it is

dunno if its still up

Hand too strong to r/f, too weak to r/c, too strong to open-fold since pushing is massively +EV, so, by process of elimination, we arrive at my favorite play

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq oʇ ƃuıoƃ ɯɐ ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Last edited by Stepi; Jun 22, 2009 at 12:24am.
Stepi est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 2:57am   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Don't play PLO8 and PLO at the same time for obvious reasons, likewise with Stud/Stud8/Razz, only have one type of 7 card game going if any. I also try not to mix tournaments with cash games. Other than that, play as many tables as you feel comfortable with.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:01am   #4
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

I mix games up far too much. I really don't recommend HORSE and 8-Game as its super confusing.

I think swoop's advice would be the most "EV" but if your only playing a couple of tables it shouldn't matter as long as you keep concentrating.

Last edited by staphros; Jun 22, 2009 at 3:11am.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2009, 7:19pm   #5
Got 6 Aces
Unprofessional

Got 6 Aces will become famous soon enoughGot 6 Aces will become famous soon enough

It's a bit pointless to mix different games. Kudos to anybody who does; but it only serves to make playing unneccessarily complicated.
Old Jul 04, 2009, 1:15pm   #6
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepi View Post
I guess u havent seen that legendary joeyjoejoejr vid
I played it at 0.25x the recording speed and tried to learn something, but I won't say what I did learn

There are a few occasions where the thought process seems to be "I'M GOING TO BLUFF...oh no, wait, I'll just fold" as the slider is moved all to the right before the mouse pointer moves to the fold button.
Old Jul 07, 2009, 7:11am   #7
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishUltraDeluxe View Post
I played it at 0.25x the recording speed and tried to learn something, but I won't say what I did learn

There are a few occasions where the thought process seems to be "I'M GOING TO BLUFF...oh no, wait, I'll just fold" as the slider is moved all to the right before the mouse pointer moves to the fold button.
I wouldnt take to much from that video as far as stragedy.... but im sure your right I was probably thinking bet but then decided I had to much other stuff going on

As for your original question I have been mixing games a lot recently.

I have been playing 2/4 NL as my primary game but only play the 50BB min tables since short stackers are annoying. Since only about 14 tables 50BB tables run at a time Ive been going on any 10/20 limit tables running and adding a few PLO tables to get up to 20 tables which im comfortable playing. I only do this because there arent 20 2/4 NL 50BB running.

I dont think there is much point in mixing games if your playing smaller since there will always be a ton of tables to choose from
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 12:06pm   #8
pierre_AA
River Rat

pierre_AA is on a distinguished road

i wouldn't recommend to mix up too many different games, it happened to me recently playing 4 mtts + a pair of cash tables that i played a cash hand with the bust-out thinking approach, cuz i had 2 mtts in the ft bubble >_<

Since then I only play 1 tournament if i'm playing cash or only tourns :p

But hey i'm only confortable with 6 tables at max, and there's people playing more than 20 lol, so search for your limit
pierre_AA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote