THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Sep 17, 2010, 10:42am   #1
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice
Default NL100: 99 3way, awkward spot

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed)

UTG ($56.90)
MP ($123.90)
Hero (Button) ($106.10)
SB ($78.60)
BB ($32.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
UTG calls $1, 1 fold, Hero bets $5.50, 1 fold, BB calls $4.50, UTG calls $4.50

Flop: ($17) 10, 6, 8 (3 players)
BB checks, UTG bets $6, Hero ?

Both villains are aggro fishes. The UTG min-open-raises a wide range, like 30-40%, and limps some hands though I'm not sure which ones. No other reads on him atm.
The BB is a complete moron, doesn't like to fold, can shove whenever he feels cool, and I've seen him slowplaying AA by calling a preflop raise IP then shoving the flop.

I made iso-raise bigger hoping either there will be just one caller, or maybe the BB shoves.

On the flop, I'm kinda lost. I have a good made hand with a weak draw, but too many other variables make me uncomfortable. If I call, then the BB might complicate things by his action, and also I was not sure about UTG's donking range, and I hate calling flop-turn gaybets and fold to a river bet and see them showing a bluff...
If I raise him, I guess it's a raise-fold... if he calls my raise I will hate pretty much half the deck, and I'm sure he will treat my turn check as a weakness...

How would you have played this if:
1. UTG donks wide, basically any GS+overcard, any other draw, any pair?
2. UTG's donking range is just unknown?
3. What is your line if you know the UTG likes to make probe bets and continue bluffing 3 streets if sees no resistance?
4. What if you don't know how far the UTG goes with bluffs/thin value?
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Sep 17, 2010, 2:11pm   #2
lejean80
2k12

lejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond reputelejean80 has a reputation beyond repute

If a competent reg donks into you on this kind of board, he either has a set or a strong draw like NFD, he wants to commit his whole stack with.

I doubt that UTG ist competent, but his range might be similar plus maybe some more pure bluffs.

I'd call the donkbet on the flop and hope that BB shoves allin. If he does, I' ll go broke on the flop. If he calls or folds, I'd shove over UTG's turn-donkbet on any non-A non-heart turn. If an A or a heart comes, I'd probably fold.
Old Sep 19, 2010, 2:39pm   #3
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

yep as I said both players cannot be considered "competent".

From what you say, A is the card that improves UTG's range the most, I'm not sure why you think so. If he limp-called wheel ace and donking with NFD I guess you are right, but with that wide open-raise range (say, 35%) the UTG is less likely to have an Axs in his limp-calling range. He should open-minraise them like always.

Couple hands later I saw him donking like this with overs+GS, what means he can donk any marginal pair, OE, and even worse junk like lower gutter+BDFD. So, I can't say for sure which turns improve him to beat me, and if he donks worse hand twice I guess it's more likely he will fold it to a turn shove, I mean I will be called by better more often than not.

I just have a feeling that my nines in that spot can lead to -EV playout too often, I can lose pretty lot in many ways, but not that often I can extract much while being a big favourite...

Last edited by podbelski; Sep 19, 2010 at 2:43pm.
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:00pm   #4
4Kings
Brunson

4Kings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejean80 View Post
If a competent reg donks into you on this kind of board, he either has a set or a strong draw like NFD, he wants to commit his whole stack with.

I doubt that UTG ist competent, but his range might be similar plus maybe some more pure bluffs.

I'd call the donkbet on the flop and hope that BB shoves allin. If he does, I' ll go broke on the flop. If he calls or folds, I'd shove over UTG's turn-donkbet on any non-A non-heart turn. If an A or a heart comes, I'd probably fold.
i agree