THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 24, 2010, 4:44am   #21
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

thought I'd bump this thread up...seems like I'm taking this same cruise this january...the Triumph out of NO...PJ..did you spent any significant time in NO?
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:06am   #22
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

no it was mostly just two trips in the cab. What i can tell you is that they sell liquor in the grocery stores.

i can give you a lot of good advice on this one, are you going to progesso Cozumel or the other Caribbean trip?
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:06am   #23
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Chiming in to say: I'm going on a cruise next week out of Galveston. It makes a couple stops in Mexico. Looking forward to the computerized $1/$2 action.

Go to N.O. a fair amount, blues. Lemme know if you have any questions.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 1:40am   #24
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Chiming in to say: I'm going on a cruise next week out of Galveston. It makes a couple stops in Mexico. Looking forward to the computerized $1/$2 action.

Make sure you use your sailcard/room key instead of your hands to view your cards using your hands is a little unreliable.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 3:59am   #25
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post

that boat has almost an identical itinerary as blues. Cozumel is nice but progresso sucks. i didn't here about the other cruise ports.

Oh, you might puke when you see the rake and structure of the single poker table. i managed to make out with money, barley.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 4:04am   #26
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
no it was mostly just two trips in the cab. What i can tell you is that they sell liquor in the grocery stores.

i can give you a lot of good advice on this one, are you going to progesso Cozumel or the other Caribbean trip?

yeah same trip you took...Cozumel and Progresso.
Never been on a cruise, never been to NO.
Getting into NO Friday afternoon...cruise leaves Sat afternoon...Friday night on Bourbon St
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:50pm   #27
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
this is unusual? every grocers and corner store in the UK sells booze.

Kc
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:12pm   #28
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
this is unusual? every grocers and corner store in the UK sells booze.

Kc
Most places in the states have to have a seperate license for liquor so a lot of places just have beer/wine in the supermarket. Rules vary by state/county.

Its a bit like Tesco only serving beer/wine in the main store but having a seperate entrance called Tesco Spirits which is about 5m square just with spirits.

THe places that sell purely alcohol are usually about the size of an average coop supermarket and they sell pretty much any drink and some cigars/cheese (note: Cuban cigars do not exist - nor does Cuba).
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 9:48pm   #29
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staphros View Post
Its a bit like Tesco only serving beer/wine in the main store but having a seperate entrance called Tesco Spirits which is about 5m square just with spirits.
when did this happen? is it an english thing? you can buy spirits basically everywhere here; supermarket, grocers, corner shop run by the HELLOMYFRIENDHOWAREYOUTODAY? pakistani guy, barbers, post office, travel agents. even from the police when they stop you to make sure you're driving drunk.

Kc
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:29pm   #30
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjack9 View Post
yeah same trip you took...Cozumel and Progresso.
Never been on a cruise, never been to NO.
Getting into NO Friday afternoon...cruise leaves Sat afternoon...Friday night on Bourbon St
that was also my first cruise and first trip to NO.

Bring liquor on the boat. Prices of drinks are ridiculous and don't buy alcohol from ports, they take your alcohol and store it until your last day on the boat. You are allowed to have 1 bottle in each bag, but you might want to sneak in more (mouthwash is a good place to hide it).

Once you are on the boat, the bucket of beer is the best price (which is not that good).

SUPER IMPORTANT! BRING SEA BANDS!!! i was feeling queezy 4 days in and they saved me from having a puke filled trip.

As far as the ports go, Progresso sucks, so you might want to do an excursion there to improve that port of call, basically every Mexico stereo type is confirmed there. (i bought a stack of coasters from there and it turned out it had two people 69ing on the front but i didn't notice till later. lol. gave it to my parents)

Cozumel i did the beach party excursion and i loved it, i recommend it.

The triumph boat is pretty big and bad ass, i was mostly on the lido deck sipping drinks. I went to the daily night time show too. The poker table sucks, but its worth it to kill some time...maybe