THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:02am   #1
ticksnleeches
Fish

ticksnleeches is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Funniest bad beat + THE case for auto-rebuy?

Sat down at a table and while waiting for the BB position I quickly identified the table maniac: the player had a 3X buyin stack and lost most of it in 2 big hands, being involved in every single pot with calls and raises with rag hands, clearly on full tilt.

Playing my second hand, as SB, I got dealt AQs. Everyone folds, the maniac raises 2BB (which (s)he did in all previous rounds), I do a minimum reraise to 4BB, BB folds and maniac calls.

The flop brings AQ4, rainbow. I decide to slow-play and check. Our table maniac goes allin with his remaining stack which was 2/3 of the buyin. I call.

Turn: 6
River: 2

Waiting to collect my pot, I see the maniac show 53 (not even suited) and begin to realize what just happened.

Now comes the interesting part: the immediate next hand I got as the button was KK. After a raise, only having a remaining stack of 1/3 of the buyin did not leave me any other choice than going allin (which was of course called by the maniac who happened to have QQ, how funny is that?). I took the pot, getting (partly) even.

I usually don't like the auto-rebuy options because you cannot track clearly how you're doing on a bad streak. However, is the case above a valid reason to choose auto-rebuy?
ticksnleeches est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:06am   #2
CMBurns
Excellent....

CMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticksnleeches View Post
I usually don't like the auto-rebuy options because you cannot track clearly how you're doing on a bad streak. However, is the case above a valid reason to choose auto-rebuy?
lol.... to track your winnings use a tracking software such as PT3 or HEM.

No need not to rebuy everytime you can...

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...0&postcount=44
================================================== =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
CMBurns hast du noch einen Termin frei, nachdem du Phill Ivey gecoached hast?
Ich will auch so eine Art Chuck Norris im Onlinepoker werden.
CMBurns est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:59pm   #3
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

You seem new. Welcome to the forums.

Autorebuy makes sense. Use an external program to track your wins/losses or simply note how much money you have in your online poker account before the session and again after the session.

Also, don't min3bet AQ, make a larger 3bet, the maniac is calling anyway as you said.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2010, 4:15pm   #4
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

always autorebuy to max. you want as much money on the table as possible so that you can always get max value for your hands. also i don't care for your line.

pt/hem are not infallible and do miss hands from time to time, usually because the poker client software sucks, which they all do. also if you play somewhere like the cake network pt/hem are verboten anyway. track your play using a pencil and a piece of paper.

Kc
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:02pm   #5
ticksnleeches
Fish

ticksnleeches is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advise. I'll try out these automatic tracking tools (I currently use checkyourbets.com), together with auto-rebuy to prevent situations like I ran into (I currently manually rebuy to the max when my stack gets below 80% of the buyin).
ticksnleeches est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:02am   #6
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
track your play using a pencil and a piece of paper.

Kc
You can still use tacking software at these sites, just not while their clients are open and certainly can't use a HUD (well, you can if don't mind losing your Bankroll).

To the OP (Original Poster) you can check how many rebuys you made by going to your recent tournament results in the Full Tilt client, but just use PokerTracker 3 for ease, they give you a more than generous 60 day trial, and you can always re-install windows if you don't wanna pay for it hahaha