THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:18pm   #1
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice
Default Some NL50 hands

Hand 1:

Haven't played much with the villain, just have a strong suspicion he's a winning SLAG.
This was the very first orbit we've jumped onto the table. I saw the flop, and put a standard cbet though I had a strong ass feeling he won't fold. They do fold sometimes, or float. He raised and this really looks strange to me. What do you put him on and do you see better options than a fold?
I guess he's more likely to float me with a hand like 89cc, 45ss, sets, JTs, JJ... So I see him raising pocket deuces-like hand, or a slowplayed QQ+

Another question is if you fold AQ here, then what hands do you continue with and how?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed)

Button ($50)
SB ($19.70)
BB ($51.25)
Hero (UTG) ($52)
MP ($50)
CO ($52.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, A
Hero bets $1.75, 2 folds, Button calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($4.25) 10, 7, 3 (2 players)
Hero bets $3, Button raises to $8.75, Hero folds
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:19pm   #2
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

Hand 2:

No reads, stats are 19/14/0.8/88hands/3bet:3.2

Hate to fold this, I guess my hand is good sometimes. If not, it's a 2-outer at best.

I thought he's more likely to check behind many worse pairs or a diamond draw or maybe AhQh, but will bet all the better hands. Also, he's likely to fold 33/44/55 to a bet anyway, and 66 beats me. If I bet, I'm check-folding any river UI anyway.

I think I'm betting 99+ here, cause it's more likely I won't valuetown myself.

SB ($105.05)
BB ($50)
Hero (UTG) ($50.75)
MP ($61.40)
CO ($28.40)
Button ($50.75)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
Hero bets $1.75, MP calls $1.75, 1 fold, Button calls $1.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($6) 10, 10, 2 (3 players)
Hero bets $4.50, 1 fold, Button calls $4.50

Turn: ($15) 6 (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets $9, Hero folds
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:20pm   #3
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

Hand 3:

The villain runs 22/16/1.5/52hands, I guess the only read (supported by stats) is that he likes to peel preflop with questionable hands, e.g. I saw him calling a 3bet with ATo.

IMO a J is a bad turn card, it both scares worse hands and makes a pair for some non-paired floats. River is a blockbet essentially.

Any comments here?

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed)

UTG ($50.20)
MP ($21.70)
Button ($50)
Hero (SB) ($52.50)
BB ($54.35)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, 9
3 folds, Hero bets $2, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4) 8, K, K (2 players)
Hero bets $2.50, BB calls $2.50

Turn: ($9) J (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($9) 2 (2 players)
Hero bets $4.75, BB calls

Last edited by podbelski; Oct 29, 2010 at 10:24pm.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 10:21pm   #4
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

Hand 4:

Awkward hand, the BTN is 24/4/4.3/88hands, so I was not thrilled hitting an ace, I mean he's very likely holding a better one, and I don't know how he plays a KQ-like or JJ-like flushdraw. I'm betting the turn HU or in case the original limper checks again. His donkbet kinda confused me and I called, is it a mistake? How much would you have raised?

UTG ($75.25)
MP ($35)
Hero (CO) ($51.50)
Button ($39.95)
SB ($50)
BB ($50)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, 9
1 fold, MP checks (poster), Hero bets $2.80, Button calls $2.80, 2 folds, MP calls $2.30

Flop: ($9.15) A, 5, 3 (3 players)
MP checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($9.15) 7 (3 players)
MP bets $2, Hero calls $2, Button calls $2

River: ($15.15) 2 (3 players)
MP checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Total pot: $15.15 | Rake: $0.75
Old Nov 01, 2010, 9:33am   #5
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

anyone in the well?
Old Nov 01, 2010, 8:14pm   #6
joeyjoejoejr
Professional

joeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud ofjoeyjoejoejr has much to be proud of

Hand 1. I guess you can flat his raise and bet most rivers if he checks back the turn if you think he full of it alot. But that only will work if you think he will freeze up after you flat.

With top pair or better I would call. I dont really like 3betting the flop much here.

Hand 2. I think he very rarely has a better pocket pair than you since he didnt squeeze (just 99 really). I bet the turn I think your usually winning. I would be more inclined to ck turn had he been in MP1 spot and called the flop as it more likely for him to flat 99+ in the UTG+1 spot.

Hand 3. Seems okay to go for value on river against an 8. I agree the J isnt the best card.

Hand 4. I just cbet you can get value from things like 88c, KcQ. I assume limper is not good I might raise him to $10 but I dont calling is that bad.
joeyjoejoejr est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 01, 2010, 8:19pm   #7
CMBurns
Excellent....

CMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond reputeCMBurns has a reputation beyond repute

If you want answers open a thread for each hand and be more precise in the title.

http://www.pokertips.org/forums/show...0&postcount=44
================================================== =
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
CMBurns hast du noch einen Termin frei, nachdem du Phill Ivey gecoached hast?
Ich will auch so eine Art Chuck Norris im Onlinepoker werden.
CMBurns est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2010, 7:19am   #8
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMBurns View Post
If you want answers open a thread for each hand and be more precise in the title.
don't think this is the problem... I see everyone is playing tourneys here, that's it.

and the hands here are kinda simple and not too interesting, so I decided not to bloat the forum with excessive topics
Old Nov 04, 2010, 7:29am   #9
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

Hand 1:
I guess worst TP in my range is like AT here, so if the BTN (likely) understands this he won't raise worse for value. So it looks more like a gutter/OE semibluff (likely barrels which sucks) or a slowplayed overpair so I have to have a QQ+ to continue (I guess). If I think he's more likely semibluffing maybe a 3bet(allin) with equity is better (e.g. AK/AQ often have 6 outs if called)?

Hand 2:
Yeah looks I'm still talking myself into potcontrolling/giving up the turn where betting is better

Hand 3:
Maybe similar situation, not sure maybe betting the turn and check-folding the river is slightly better than as played...

Hand 4:
Do you check-call any (made) hands in this spot (I mean the flop)? Kinda trying to see the difference why A9 with a club is a bet here.

Last edited by podbelski; Nov 04, 2010 at 7:39am.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 7:11pm   #10
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

LAG == loose aggressive, VPIP/PFR above 25
SLAG == Semi loose aggressive, VPIP/PFR like 22-26

this is not very strict obviously...