THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:58am   #11
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

I remember the first time I deposited to play (I had NO clue how to play btw), I seriously thought about choosing proper cool screenname. I came to a conclusion my name should be kinda misleading or smth like that, so other players would not be able to figure out anything about my play basing on my screenname. I still can't beleive I did it seriously )))

Last edited by podbelski; Nov 29, 2010 at 2:36pm.
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:10pm   #12
Snaggle
Professional

Snaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to beholdSnaggle is a splendid one to behold
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
False. The rooster is lucky.
You would know how false this is if you had a soul. Remember November 20th is lucky ginger day

Why do people keep typing "GG" when I go AI in the short stack with 72o?
Snaggle est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 2:24pm   #13
LivePokersRigged
River Rat

LivePokersRigged will become famous soon enough

Follow good bankroll managment rules. I've been playing for a year and a half and i still cannot follow this rule. Id have so much more money if i was responsible with it. lucky for me FT doesn't have blackjack like they did at UB. (im down like a grand on blackjack and im a microstakes player)
Also read more about poker than any of us did in high school.
it took me a REALLY long time before i stopped losing money (over a year of just flushing my money down the toilet) so dont let it get you down if it takes a while.
LivePokersRigged est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 5:47pm   #14
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

I played three tournaments yesterday since switching to the rooster:

135th in the Brawl
Washout in the $750k
15th in the Mulligan
=
Net win of ~$1,750

I toiled through years of mediocrity as the clown, switched to the rooster, and turned in one of the best days I've ever had on Full Tilt. This is just simply not a coincidence. The luck of the rooster is on my side now.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2010, 6:07pm   #15
podbelski
Doyle Look-alike

podbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nicepodbelski is just really nice

wow.
guess I'm going to fold to every rooster from now on, maybe even be hero-folding aces pre.
podbelski est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:43am   #16
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
actually it was a joke based on us both using the angry plant, and in a broader sense a joke based on people thinking shit like this matters.

having said that, i have determined the angry plant to be extremely unlucky and might change it up, especially if a ginger becomes available.

also @OP read everything you can get your hands on.

Kc
Blasphemy. As if I don't always run hot with the flower (we'll just ignore Mar-May '10)

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:11pm   #17
mojicanoe
Banned

mojicanoe is infamous around these parts
Default First deposit on Full Tilt.

It is good hearing that you are going to play all in legal way.
Well you are going to play for the first time the real money game. I must say that you should first practice the game on free gaming sites and which is also an another service of FullTilt poker. You would see a huge difference between real money gaming and free money gaming. Real money is a harder one because every one there is risking his money. So play safely.
mojicanoe est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2010, 12:50pm   #18
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojicanoe View Post
I must say that you should first practice the game on free gaming sites and which is also an another service of FullTilt poker.
Quote:
You would see a huge difference between real money gaming and free money gaming.
crap logic makes baby jesus cry. his tears are delicious.

Kc
Old Dec 02, 2010, 4:25am   #19
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojicanoe View Post
It is good hearing that you are going to play all in legal way.
Well you are going to play for the first time the real money game. I must say that you should first practice the game on free gaming sites and which is also an another service of FullTilt poker. You would see a huge difference between real money gaming and free money gaming. Real money is a harder one because every one there is risking his money. So play safely.
Odds of being advanced spambot: 3:1

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote