THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Feb 26, 2011, 4:31pm   #301
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
It isn't such a bad rule for the early game since it weeds out those who will never post. Why they signed up to play is anyone's guess? Maybe if the rule expired after a day or two it wouldn't be exploited once we had enough info to abuse it.
+1

How about if anyone who hasn't posted by the end of night 1 is God killed. Thereafter play continues as normal. That way we know all remaining players at least know their roles and that the game is in progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:45pm   #302
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

I guess I just don't see the benefit of the rule. Best case scenario it kills afk villagers. Worse, it'll make the game need a re-balancing. If the village is that upset about quiet people just hang/shoot them.

If the worry is that people will actually be gone from the game and not playing, we should just have a requirement to rsvp before the game starts. Give people 24-48 hours before we start and anyone not rsvp'd is not in.

If the worry is that people will bubbleboy it through the game, just hang quiet people first and eventually they will change their strategy a bit. Even bubbleboy posts enough now not to get hung on the first day most times.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:09pm   #303
expopcorn
Professional

expopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant futureexpopcorn has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
If the worry is that people will actually be gone from the game and not playing, we should just have a requirement to rsvp before the game starts. Give people 24-48 hours before we start and anyone not rsvp'd is not in.
This is my concern - and actually I think the way forward is to change the sign up threads. We should decide who will be God and then they should set a start time (probably 48-72 hours ahead). Only players signing up after the start time is set and before the start (obv) get to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
it's rather ironic that scenes like this are best accompanied by the eating of popcorn.
expopcorn est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:50pm   #304
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
This is my concern - and actually I think the way forward is to change the sign up threads. We should decide who will be God and then they should set a start time (probably 48-72 hours ahead). Only players signing up after the start time is set and before the start (obv) get to play.
I like this idea.

May be have a rolling 24 start until the minimum number of players are met.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:00am   #305
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

True, or at least a more regular start time.

in the meantime, we should probably do some recruiting...
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 12:50pm   #306
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Restart so far:

1. Expopcorn
2. Kmay
3. Garso
4. Acehole
5. Axis of Evil
6. Sully
7. staphros
8. jokeslayer
9. bubbleboy
10. Swoop

Ok. This is who we have. I'm starting a 10-person game today.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote