THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:59am   #651
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

How could staphros ever be the angel when I died, no one is stupid enough to use their only save/s before the seer comes out

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:08am   #652
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
How could staphros ever be the angel when I died, no one is stupid enough to use their only save/s before the seer comes out
I have ate many words that followed "no one could be so stupid as to...."
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:17am   #653
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

It is not ridiculous to posture as though ace and sully are wolves because I am only trying to convince TJ at that point that it is a possibility and to follow the safest route to victory by verifying one of them. I do see however where I needed to make a pact with Ace that didn't involve his death in the logic stream and he would have been more likely to agree.

edit: I also am seeing where less is more and things needn't be explained to death.

Last edited by Axis of Evil; Mar 21, 2011 at 3:49am.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2011, 11:19pm   #654
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
It is not ridiculous to posture as though ace and sully are wolves because I am only trying to convince TJ at that point that it is a possibility and to follow the safest route to victory by verifying one of them. I do see however where I needed to make a pact with Ace that didn't involve his death in the logic stream and he would have been more likely to agree.

edit: I also am seeing where less is more and things needn't be explained to death.
I might have followed you had I not been as busy and not as arrogant as to staphros' role. I will be more careful in the future (might still decide the same but at least give it more thought).
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:53am   #655
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Hanging staphros first was fine he's never the angel there

Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:51am   #656
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Hanging staphros first was fine he's never the angel there
We don't necessarily always know this. If he is the angel there 0.01% then hang him second.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:00am   #657
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

In chess you never make a move that may eventually result in checkmate if it is dependent on your opponent having to behave a certain way, especially when there is a certain checkmate available elsewhere that simply requires an extra move.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:04am   #658
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
We don't necessarily always know this. If he is the angel there 0.01% then hang him second.
You have to account for spazzout equity in that the villager who is alive changes their mind and decides not to hang staphros at all. The odds of that are greater than the odds of staphros being the angel and using all of his saves before the seer comes out

Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:33pm   #659
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Spazzout equity? Nice term. Is that like folding pocket aces because you thought one was a 4? I thought I explained myself like ten times and never said a word about hanging an ace if sully was green. Even I cannot play it that badly, but I guess other players have to account for the spazz.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 7:13pm   #660
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

Find the old game with seedload; some people just make irrational mistakes or don't pay attention to the thread.

I know you're a smart guy AOE but you often don't come across that way in wolfgame threads; from an outside perspective in that game as the seer I would have wanted staphros hung first because I didn't trust you not to change your mind at the last second even if that wasnt going to be the case.