THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Apr 23, 2011, 8:37pm   #1
Pason
Fish

Pason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Position problem

Hi!

My first post comes here. I play microlevel and are winning, However, when I check my stats using HoldemManager I get odd figures, Got the same with PT about a year ago:

40k hands on NL 7-10 people at the table:

SB +17 bb/100, vpip 50
BB -36 bb/100, vpip 10
early +30 bb/100
Middle +27 bb/100
CO +35 bb/100
button +20 bb/100

Total +21 bb/100, vpip 26

vpip for early-button is 25,5+-0,5
Other stats indicate I'm more aggresive on early positions. The reason is I mostly raise when first in, not against several limpers.

All I read say late position should be the best, for me the Button is the worst (not counting the blinds). Anyone who got an idea what the problem is? I'm frustrated!

Thankful for any help!
Paul
Pason est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Apr 23, 2011, 10:11pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pason View Post
SB +17 bb/100, vpip 50
BB -36 bb/100, vpip 10
that's...weird...you would have to have a game where people limp way too much and rarely raise to see stats like this.

Quote:
apparently you're running pretty hot. 26% vpip is on the high side for full ring.

Quote:
i don't understand this. give us your vpip and pfr stats for each position. you might also include your 3bet percentage.

Quote:
Other stats indicate I'm more aggresive on early positions. The reason is I mostly raise when first in, not against several limpers.
this should be true in terms of pfr as a percentage of vpip, but not pfr as a percentage of all hands. i assume you mean the former.

it is often preferable to raise over the top of limpers. there aren't too many hands i would limp along with.

Quote:
All I read say late position should be the best, for me the Button is the worst (not counting the blinds). Anyone who got an idea what the problem is? I'm frustrated!
you seem to have identified the problem, you aren't playing the button effectively. beyond that it will take some digging to find out exactly what is going wrong, but your stats might reveal something simple like, you aren't playing enough hands there, aren't stealing enough or are stealing too often, etc. it may also be a statistical aberration, 40k hands isn't a huge sample.

Kc
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:48am   #3
Fredrik
Professional

Fredrik will become famous soon enoughFredrik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi!

My first post comes here. I play microlevel and are winning, However, when I check my stats using HoldemManager I get odd figures, Got the same with PT about a year ago:

40k hands on NL 7-10 people at the table:

SB +17 bb/100, vpip 50
BB -36 bb/100, vpip 10
early +30 bb/100
Middle +27 bb/100
CO +35 bb/100
button +20 bb/100

Thankful for any help!
Paul
Your sample size is much too small for any of these numbers to be reliable. (You will never get really reliable numbers, because by the time you have enough hands, both you and your opponents have changed the way you play). I doubt that it's possible to be profitable in the SB, even in the micros, and your results in the early and middle positions are (in my opinion) unrealistically good too. One thing you can do to improve your results on the button is to configure your HUD to display everyone's fold to steal percentage and attack the tighter players harder. One figure that's worth keeping in mind is that if both blinds fold 82% of the time, it's profitable to open for 3bb from the button even if you fold 100% of the times that they don't both fold.

Last edited by Fredrik; Apr 24, 2011 at 9:51am.
Fredrik est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2011, 2:55pm   #4
Pason
Fish

Pason is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks!

First, thanks to you who took your time and answered. A few comments:

Samplesize: I know 40k isn't enough. However, I got the some pattern last year when using PT with 50k+ hans. Therefore I conclude something is wrong.

When I wrote 26+- 0,5 I simply meant they all where between 26,5 and 27,5. I try to play tighter as I try the next level (I play at SvenskaSpel).

SB is way to good, I agree. But I don't complain:-)

I just discovered another BIG leak. When playing connectors, I get much better result with unsuited than suited. Suspect I play the Fl-draws way to hard:-(

3bet is 2,6 on Early, 2,0 on Middle, 2,1 on CO and 2,4 on button.

Steal% 23 on CO, 34 on button, 43 on SB

Aggr goes from 4,78 on early down to 2,5 on button (I guess its my aversion against raising with many limpers, will work on that)

I will come back when I discover something new and need help again!
Pason est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:37pm   #5
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
When I wrote 26+- 0,5 I simply meant they all where between 26,5 and 27,5. I try to play tighter as I try the next level (I play at SvenskaSpel).
so, you're saying you play 26.5% utg and 27.5% on the button?...wait, what do you mean by "next level"? are you playing tournaments?

Quote:
SB is way to good, I agree. But I don't complain:-)
it's not that you're earning there that interested me, it's that your vpip in the sb is 50% and in the bb only 10%, that's pretty bizarre. it means you're playing a hand like J7 in the sb and folding KJs in the bb. the only way you could get stats like this would be if people raising preflop was a rarity, where you would be allowed to check your bb and overcall the sb with 5 other guys in the hand most of the time.

Quote:
I just discovered another BIG leak. When playing connectors, I get much better result with unsuited than suited. Suspect I play the Fl-draws way to hard:-(
still a smallish sample. 40k hands you're only going to flop around 200 flush draws with your connectors (1 and 2 gaps from QJ/QT down to 64/65). it is hard to misplay a flush draw.

Quote:
3bet is 2,6 on Early, 2,0 on Middle, 2,1 on CO and 2,4 on button.
very low. QQ+,AKs,AKo is 2.56%

Quote:
Steal% 23 on CO, 34 on button, 43 on SB
cut off you can probably open up a little, button you can definitely steal wider. sb i would tighten up unless you have someone who will let you rob him on your left.

Kc