THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:58am   #1
john111_x
Fish

john111_x is an unknown quantity at this point
Default did I play it right?

I played a EPT Qualifier last night and started out pretty well. 300 players.
I doubled up a couple of times and was on 14000 chips (av. about 6000) with 60 players left. I picked up AKs in the small blind and one guy (probably desperate with 5000chips) went all in. I guess my call here was right (I mean if I don't call with AKs I should stop playing poker) but although I got my ace on the flop he also got his 6 which made trips from his pocket pair 66. So I was down on something 8500. For a long while I got sh.. cards and folded all the way (only picked up one uncontested blind with A9s). So we were down to 34 players. 30 means itm, but I was aiming for the final table and new that with my remaining 8000 chips (blinds 2000/1000) I had to double up to have a chance. I was in the BB and the button raised to 4000 (he had 22000). I had 4d5d. Should I give up my blind being left crippled with 6000 (but might make it to the money) or fight for it. I thought, ok, even if I call, i might have a chance with my 4000 leftovers. So I did. The flop came 2d3dKh. Now count the outs! 9 diamonds, 3 sixes, 3 aces and maybe even a 4 or a 5, I mean a beautiful straight flush draw here. If I checked, I'm sure he would go for it, so I went all in with the small hope to take the pot right away, but of course he called (with 3hQs)! Bastard raised with that shi...! Anyway I ended up losing the hand and was out of the tournament. It hurt as I was perfoming quiet well the first two hours and got two unlucky beats. What's your comment to that? it's appreciated.
john111_x est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:12am   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

thank you for inviting us into your world, if only for a short time.

Kc
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:13pm   #3
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

What was the payout structure like? You said it was an EPT Qualifier which generally means all payout places are the same but then later you said "top 30 ITM but I wanted final table". Was there a difference between getting 30th and making the final table?

Welcome to PokerTips.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote