THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Beginners' Corner

Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:26am   #1
Amazin
River Rat

Amazin will become famous soon enough
Default Play Poker for Free?

Hey everyone, can someone recommand me any good sites where I can play Poker for free to get some experience? I tried freepoker.org but idn't like it very much.
Amazin est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:52am   #2
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin View Post
Hey everyone, can someone recommand me any good sites where I can play Poker for free to get some experience? I tried freepoker.org but idn't like it very much.
If you want to play for free you could just sign up with a site like pokerstars.

The thing is playing free/playmoney poker (no reward) has pretty much nothing in common with playing poker for money.

The only thing it would be useful for really is getting used to the software and experiencing the different poker varients/game types if you are a complete novice.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 12:59am   #3
Amazin
River Rat

Thanks, I can see what you mean. Unfortunately I don't have much money right now and I'm still unfamiliar with the basics.

Quote:
experiencing the different poker varients/game types if you are a complete novice.
I struggling to understand you already, lol what do you mean by varients? when you say game types, I take it you mean different forms of Poker

Last edited by Amazin; Aug 15, 2011 at 12:09am.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:09am   #4
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Amazin,

Sign up at 888 Poker. They give you $8 for free simply for creating an account. You can use that to play in their low-stakes games to practice. I made my first-ever online deposit at this site in 2004 and turned $50 into ~$300 playing nothing but micro-stakes limit hold'em. (But be warned, the games will be tougher than that today!)

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:34am   #5
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Thanks, I can see what you mean. Unfortunately I don't much money right now and I'm still familiar with basics so for now its alright.

Quote:
experiencing the different poker varients/game types if you are a complete novice.
I struggling to understand you already, lol what do you mean by varients? when you say game types, I take it you mean different forms of Poker
yes its my crap spelling. I meant variants.

There are many diiferent poker game variants.

Texas Holdem being the most popular followed by Omaha and then stud and draw games.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:38am   #6
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Don't waste your time with play money Amazin, you won't learn anything.

If you want to learn the game i'll give you a little bit of free coaching sometime if you like, PM me your skype account if you want.

I'd recommend taking Ozone's offer for 888 and playing 1c/2c holdem or 10 cent tournaments or similar with your free $8 bankroll. That should last you a while at 1c/2c while you learn the game.

Once you've got the hang of it, head over to PokerStars (assuming you're not american - if you're american your only real option is Merge at the moment, which is Lock and Carbon Poker basically) and make a $50 deposit once you're ready, they match it with a bonus and then you can play 1c/2c until you become a winning player, then gradually move up the stakes.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 10:40am   #7
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

If you need help signing up using the offer Ozone mentioned just send him a private message and he'll explain what you need to do.

It's way better to play for real money even if it's just 1c/2c because people actually care about winning at poker, so you're learning to beat people that are trying, whereas in free poker nobody tries to win they just go all in every hand. Also, the $8 you get is free, so you get to play for real money without investing anything.

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2011, 4:59pm   #8
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post

If you want to learn the game i'll give you a little bit of free coaching sometime if you like, PM me your skype account if you want.

I'd recommend taking Ozone's offer for 888 and playing 1c/2c holdem or 10 cent tournaments or similar with your free $8 bankroll. That should last you a while at 1c/2c while you learn the game.

Once you've got the hang of it, head over to PokerStars (assuming you're not american - if you're american your only real option is Merge at the moment, which is Lock and Carbon Poker basically) and make a $50 deposit once you're ready, they match it with a bonus and then you can play 1c/2c until you become a winning player, then gradually move up the stakes.
Merge are not taking new US players i don't think (I know carbon isn't.)
Options for US players are Bodog and Everleaf (Minted) and umm thats it.

Wondering if i should just VPN into a computer in the UK and get my stars account set back up mwahh ha ha ha hmmmmmmm......
Old Aug 14, 2011, 5:16pm   #9
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't much money right now
did you accidentally your entire bankroll?

Kc
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:59am   #10
Amazin
River Rat

Quote:

thanks mate, I will message you soon. can we play mevsyou?

I'm still a baby at this and I've never play it with money before.

Quote:
I made my first-ever online deposit at this site in 2004 and turned $50 into ~$300 playing nothing but micro-stakes limit hold'em. (But be warned, the games will be tougher than that today!)
what do you mean by micro-stakes?