THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > Strategy > Omaha Ring Games

Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:31am   #21
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
i would i have lots of reasons most are uninteresting
how many of them is a gambling problem?

Kc

Last edited by killcrazy; Aug 12, 2011 at 2:34am.
killcrazy est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 12, 2011, 2:44am   #22
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
Quote:
i would i have lots of reasons most are uninteresting
how many of them is a gambling problem?

Kc

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:15am   #23
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I've been busy lately and haven't had a chance to chime in.

Essentially preflop if I'm playing the hand I'm all in, otherwise I'm folding.

So I decided to just jam. and I was right, everyone else jammed. One guy had aces, another had JTQ7 another had random, forgot about the last. I somehow flopped bottom two and they held. There were probably more outs for the other players than non-outs.

What I really want to know is in this situation except with everyone super deep and you know it's going to be everyone all in pre, how many BB's do you get it in with? Are you going broke, or waiting for a better opportunity with a bigger edge?
I guess I just prefer to get it in on the flop after hitting. But playing against these villains (which I do fairly often) they like to gambol and get it in pre, and I feel like such a nit when I fold pre with a premium hand like that.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:17am   #24
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute

there are no premium hands in PLO.

my advice would be to come into the game shortstacked.

Kc
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:28pm   #25
darryl

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of

I usually come in short stacked (150-200BB's or so), but then end up deep stacked. I guess things could be worse.

-d
Old Aug 18, 2011, 1:37pm   #26
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I usually come in short stacked (150-200BB's or so),

-d

thats not short stacked

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:30pm   #27
darryl

In the PLO games I play it is. It's a 1-2 game with a 5 dollar straddle in which about 1/2 to 2/3 of the hands have a straddle. Min buy in is $100 Max is typically $1000, but no one minds if anyone buys in for more. I guess relative to the other players it's fairly short.

-d
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:25pm   #28
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
I usually come in short stacked (150-200BB's or so), but then end up deep stacked. I guess things could be worse.

-d
when i say short i meant like 50BBs, but okay if the standard buyin is say, 500BB, coming in for 100 is fine. you're almost taking a semi-tournament kind of approach here, buyin is small and you're flipping with an edge playing money that was largely someone else's. if you're comfortable playing half a dozen $500 or $1000 flips per hour, okay slightly different scenario obviously.

rolf slotboom wrote an article in support of this strategy years ago. if i can find it i'll send you a link.

Kc
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:35pm   #29
acehole_76

Quote:

rolf slotboom wrote an article in support of this strategy years ago. if i can find it i'll send you a link.

Kc

yeah when you rat hole the deep stacks are making +ev and - ev plays agaisnt other deepstacks. well this is going on you will be putting your money in good spots agaisnt the deep stacks......IMO boring but rewarding

Kc
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:36pm   #30
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Quote:

Kc

yeah when you rat hole the deep stacks are making +ev and - ev plays agaisnt other deepstacks. well this is going on you will be putting your money in good spots agaisnt the deep stacks......IMO boring but rewarding
i'm not advocating ratholing at all, quite the opposite.

Kc