THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 22, 2011, 12:06am   #91
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS6866 View Post
Headed to Vegas for the first time Nov13-19th for the wifey's bday and a vacation.

How's the weather going to be? Weather.com says the avg high is 68 so that sounds ok compared to Pennsylvania in Novemeber.

We are staying at Planet Hollywood...how's that as a choice, seems to be a good location? I would have preferred something nicer but PH is half the price of places like wynn, aria, b, etc.

Suggestions for a really good meal? Like 80-100ish a person...nothing too nuts.
Planet Hollywood is nice, it is a good choice.

80-100ish a person? that seems nuts to me...

I am cheap and go to Ellis Island for the cheap Steak dinner for like 5-7 bucks, and it comes with a beer. best deal around.

the higher end restaurants i have no idea. PH's buffet is really good. Rios is best.
PocketJokers est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 22, 2011, 4:58am   #92
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS6866 View Post
Headed to Vegas for the first time Nov13-19th for the wifey's bday and a vacation.

How's the weather going to be? Weather.com says the avg high is 68 so that sounds ok compared to Pennsylvania in Novemeber.

We are staying at Planet Hollywood...how's that as a choice, seems to be a good location? I would have preferred something nicer but PH is half the price of places like wynn, aria, b, etc.

Suggestions for a really good meal? Like 80-100ish a person...nothing too nuts.
Planet Hollywood is OK, nothing fancy, no ffrills, no WOW factor but clean, convienent and reasonable.
I had great meal at mario Battilia's place in the Venetien, I think it's called B and H? about $100 per person but well worth it.
Rosemary's has a $55, 3 course prix fixe, that's outstanding but unfortunatly it's about a $25 cab ride from the strip.
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2011, 1:54pm   #93
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Cheap meal - Ellis Island this chicken wings or steak and beer are delicious and ridiculously cheap

Mid tier - Wynn/Bellagio buffet, Firefly

Upper - No idea I never eat fancy stuff in vegas

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2011, 2:21pm   #94
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

the belligo and wynn have the best steak I have ever eaten you will pay alot though. harrahs has a great deal eat for 24 hours at any of their buffets for $30. you can get three meals at three different buffets for $30 cant beat it. hint stay away from ceasers buffet it sucks balls.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:41pm   #95
bluesjack9
Professional

bluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to allbluesjack9 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
the belligo and wynn have the best steak I have ever eaten you will pay alot though. harrahs has a great deal eat for 24 hours at any of their buffets for $30. you can get three meals at three different buffets for $30 cant beat it. hint stay away from ceasers buffet it sucks balls.

Yeah Ceaser's buffet was very dissapointing although I did get my $$'s worth just eating and eating and eating the fresh carved Prime Rib...it was the only thing there that was any good
bluesjack9 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:47pm   #96
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

PocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant futurePocketJokers has a brilliant future

Ceasar's buffet sucking is kind of surprising. I never tried it because there are too many good ones.

Since my beloved Sir Galahad's closed in 2007, Lawry's has the best prime rib in Vegas imo. I never went high-end because i like spending money on poker or blackjack, not food that makes me fatter than normal
Old Aug 22, 2011, 6:21pm   #97
acehole_76

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

just to be clear you can buy it at any harrahs hotel then eat at any harrahs hotel and they dont have to be the same hotel.

paris is good if you like seafood........

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
Old Aug 22, 2011, 7:49pm   #98
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Rio buffet is surprisingly good. So is Gaylords Indian at Rio. Rio buffet is easily best of the Caesars/Harrahs properties

Flamingo buffet is awful

As mentioned, Caesars buffet is awful

Jay's market on the corner of Flamingo and Koval have really good subs which is convenient for meridian dwellers like myself if i'm too lazy to walk the extra 50m to ellis

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2011, 8:08pm   #99
acehole_76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Rio buffet is surprisingly good. So is Gaylords Indian at Rio. Rio buffet is easily best of the Caesars/Harrahs properties

Flamingo buffet is awful

As mentioned, Caesars buffet is awful

Jay's market on the corner of Flamingo and Koval have really good subs which is convenient for meridian dwellers like myself if i'm too lazy to walk the extra 50m to ellis

rio does have the best buffet but getting there is a pain.

Kc
Old Aug 23, 2011, 3:45am   #100
PocketJokers
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
rio does have the best buffet but getting there is a pain.
a pain? take a shuttle there from any harrahs property. one every 30 minutes i believe.

if you plan this out correctly, you barley have to walk anywhere. hell i went to the orleans from harrahs.

took the shuttle from harrahs to rio, walked next door to the gold coast, and took the shuttle to the orleans. cheapness is a skill