THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 25, 2011, 5:17pm   #1
JerkyJerk
River Rat

JerkyJerk is a jewel in the roughJerkyJerk is a jewel in the roughJerkyJerk is a jewel in the rough
Default NL10 fr TPTK vs checkraise

Hand from memory. Both have 100BBs

utg+1 raises to 0,35, no information about him.
I m at the button with AK and reraising to 1,20.

He calls. Pot is about 2,50.
Flop is A64 rainbow
He checks. I bet 1 bug, he calls.

Turn is Q. Pot about 4,50.
He checks. I bet 2 Bugs, he pushes all in.

I have still 5,50 to call.
Shall I call or fold?
Bet more at the flop?
JerkyJerk est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:20pm   #2
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

For the benefit of the uneducated, I shall translate.

Quote:
Sir,

May I present for your consideration a recent conjuncture of my own experience.

An early position player initiates to the equivalance of three and one half modica. Fortunate as I was to have obtained current ownership of the button, and having further suffered the greater fortuity of being in possession of both ace and king, I saw fit to intensify the investment to a full twelve incriments of her majesty's big blind. My interlocutor was acquiescent to this enhancement and the yeoman began the operation of disseminating the communal billets.

As fate would have it, my holding matured from a mere nut fuck all to a resounding top pair with commensurate kicker. Whereupon, my opponent having indicated his intention to relinquish the right to invigorate the pot, I resolved to escalate proceedings peradventure my most equitable of happenstance notwithstanding.

I made good on this resolution with the introduction of some manner of winged hexapod, for which my personal entomologist made valuation to the princely sum of ten big blinds.

My interlocutor having made good on his commitments, attention turned to the introduction of a fourth mutual docket, the examination of which revealed it to be of the reginic denomination.

The appropriate toasts to her majesty having been completed, and my disputant having again demonstrated no vitality of spirit, I saw fit to introduce not one but two examples of the order hemiptera, whereupon the braggart prompty announced the exhaustion of his capital forthwith!

The effective wager being one of no small consequence - some five and one half of my precious dicondylia - I found myself with a substantial quandary which I surmised appropriate for the digestion of the international data processing association. To this end I submit not only my current predicament for examination but conjointly the phenomena conspiring to this end, with particular interest in the initial undertakings at the commencement of the cooperative distribution.

I beg leave to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant,

Jerky Jerk
Kc
Old Aug 26, 2011, 1:56am   #3
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
For the benefit of the uneducated, I shall translate.

Quote:
Sir,

May I present for your consideration a recent conjuncture of my own experience.

An early position player initiates to the equivalance of three and one half modica. Fortunate as I was to have obtained current ownership of the button, and having further suffered the greater fortuity of being in possession of both ace and king, I saw fit to intensify the investment to a full twelve incriments of her majesty's big blind. My interlocutor was acquiescent to this enhancement and the yeoman began the operation of disseminating the communal billets.

As fate would have it, my holding matured from a mere nut fuck all to a resounding top pair with commensurate kicker. Whereupon, my opponent having indicated his intention to relinquish the right to invigorate the pot, I resolved to escalate proceedings peradventure my most equitable of happenstance notwithstanding.

I made good on this resolution with the introduction of some manner of winged hexapod, for which my personal entomologist made valuation to the princely sum of ten big blinds.

My interlocutor having made good on his commitments, attention turned to the introduction of a fourth mutual docket, the examination of which revealed it to be of the reginic denomination.

The appropriate toasts to her majesty having been completed, and my disputant having again demonstrated no vitality of spirit, I saw fit to introduce not one but two examples of the order hemiptera, whereupon the braggart prompty announced the exhaustion of his capital forthwith!

The effective wager being one of no small consequence - some five and one half of my precious dicondylia - I found myself with a substantial quandary which I surmised appropriate for the digestion of the international data processing association. To this end I submit not only my current predicament for examination but conjointly the phenomena conspiring to this end, with particular interest in the initial undertakings at the commencement of the cooperative distribution.

I beg leave to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant,

Jerky Jerk
Kc
So villain had AQ?
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:36am   #4
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

You could bet $2 on the flop and effectively all-in on the turn (or just another $2 and all-in on river). As played, I wouldn't fold.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:45pm   #5
BeluA
yo dafty

BeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond reputeBeluA has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
As played, I wouldn't fold.
you 3bet an unknown UTG opener OTB
he calls your 3bet OOP and plays a x/c x/ai line on AxxQ

How can this ever be a call?!

as played if hes an unknown with 100bb calling preflop is slightly better than 3betting is (significant better if there is a fish in the blinds) or you 3bet an insane amount OTB

his starting range is pretty narrow (assuming hes a random reg) and your 3betting range against utg / utg+1 is non existent most of the time (assuming you are a standard nl10 reg)

your flop and turncbet size is fine since his calling range pre should be sth like AQ/KQ PPs some Axs and mb some T9s SCs type hands
so you either go for max value against Ax OTF or bet small enough that he is forced to peal with his PPs
BeluA est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2011, 6:29am   #6
FishersFritz
Mz Mz Mz Baby!

FishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond reputeFishersFritz has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to FishersFritz

is this FR? then i'd just call pre.

flopbet a lil bigger imo

you have to bet the turn.
as played fold now. he has AQ/set almost always. 10NL donkregs...

what belua said...
FishersFritz est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 6:21am   #7
Nobrifly
Fish

Nobrifly is an unknown quantity at this point

Tough spot. Generally a SPR(stack to pot ratio) of below 5(the smaller the better) is where you want to be with a TPTK type hand vs a solid player and you've achieved that. However despite you showing strength on all streets your opponent still c/r you OTT. The best decision here comes down to your read on your opponent. Vs a solid player you have a clear fold. Vs a wild player you have a clear shove.
Nobrifly est déconnecté   Reply With Quote