THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:10pm   #461
Boilermaker
Get off my lawn

Boilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond reputeBoilermaker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
balance in these short games needs to be addressed, the wolves seem to be dominating. the general rule of thumb is 2 hangings per wolf, but 2/4 is much tigher than 3/6 since hanging wolves on day 1 is so hard. next time we might try a n0 pick rather than a n0 villager. or immunity for the seer in the first cycle. i will think on it.

Kc
I don't know how much it needs fixing. Both recent games I've been on a two wolf team we got the seer day 1 or night 1, and the game will always look imbalanced when that happens. If the seer gets one more pick out in either of those games, its entirely different.
Boilermaker est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Aug 28, 2011, 2:28pm   #462
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkid123 View Post
Well im always a low post player and you just have to deal with that. Also I have been occupied than usual the last week or so. I have a babyshower tomorrow and I'm moving next week and im having a baby in September. Plus work, so I had alot of things that I couldn't avoid. I just didn't have the time to explain myself all I could do was check really quick the thread then make a post. That's why I was actually willing to die day 2 but when I rechecked the thread we were in overtime so I voted for you because I got a kick out of it. I like pushing buttons ask garso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwoopAE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkid123 View Post
An just FYI I switched my vote to swoop because his name calling. I really didn't care at that point if he was a villager or wolf. I just wanted to see him die and day 1 I didn't like ironlen but it was either me or him so I picked him.
This is why you are terrible at wolfgame.

I like you, and everything I do in wolfgame is done in a vacuum to get information out of you. You're welcome to call me names too if you think it'll get you info, but i'm not going to respect your wolfgame skills unless you stop auto-voting for anyone who votes for you or calls you names every single game when you're a villager (or when you vote for yourself, or when you awol)

Lvkid and Expopcorn tie for LVP, Garso had a pretty bad game too missing the day one vote and pushing for me to hang rather than Boiler (I would have voted Boiler with him, but had to vote for him as there didnt appear to be the votes to hang boiler, and I was the other candidate)

PJ for MVP for getting me to clear him last minute, I came so close to clearing Garso instead but his logic just seemed to off to me this game compared to usual so I couldn't.

I'm pretty sure I have a strong wolf tell on Boiler now, should have pushed harder to get him hung.
Yeah sorry I realise you have bigger priorities than wolfgame, we all do. Just didnt feel like I could clear you this game the way you had been voting/posting

SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 2:40pm   #463
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
balance in these short games needs to be addressed, the wolves seem to be dominating. the general rule of thumb is 2 hangings per wolf, but 2/4 is much tigher than 3/6 since hanging wolves on day 1 is so hard. next time we might try a n0 pick rather than a n0 villager. or immunity for the seer in the first cycle. i will think on it.

Kc
I don't know how much it needs fixing. Both recent games I've been on a two wolf team we got the seer day 1 or night 1, and the game will always look imbalanced when that happens. If the seer gets one more pick out in either of those games, its entirely different.
it's not a seer issue per se, its the hanging to wolf ratio.

Kc
Old Aug 28, 2011, 4:13pm   #464
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by expopcorn View Post
Quote:
So Boiler, what's it like to be caught by your former cowolf on day one? Silly tellbox.
Share the tell and I will listen - but you have to consider yourself at risk.
Quote:
There is no tell, just a gut feeling. Thanks for spoiling it before boiler had a chance to respond though!
I am still giggling at this exchange and if there was a Snaggle Award then you would have won it here. How about giving it more than one minute before giving Boiler the greenlight to ignore you? There is a reason there is no "Big 5", as membership requires the ability to ignore that which jeopardizes one's strategy.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 4:51pm   #465
TJTay89
I am a wolf

TJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant futureTJTay89 has a brilliant future
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I would suggest start the sign-up thread with the idea of getting the game started on Tuesday/Wednesday. Gives people a chance to sign up before the game starts
TJTay89 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2011, 7:02pm   #466
SwoopAE
CAPITAO

SwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond reputeSwoopAE has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

I do feel like I have a wolf tell on Boiler but im not going to share it as i'm not 100% sure

Last edited by SwoopAE; Aug 28, 2011 at 7:07pm.
SwoopAE est déconnecté   Reply With Quote