THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > Poker Stories

Old Mar 10, 2008, 11:28pm   #21
Adman
Doyle Look-alike

Adman is infamous around these parts

You know being card dead is different from the situations you describe? Card dead just means you NEVER get dealt anything playable, just rag hand after rag hand. The other shit you talk about is just running bad.
Adman est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Mar 11, 2008, 1:05am   #22
ggnh
Disco

ggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to allggnh is a name known to all

If I remember correctly you could be an online spell checker for hire!
<Ozone> I dunno... fuckin' poker
<Kc>this one is much closer to good advice but still introduces some unnecessary shortcuts across the grass for us to cover our boots in dog shit.
ggnh est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:45am   #23
MikeAK47
Unproffesional

MikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to allMikeAK47 is a name known to all

Try playing some micro SNGs $5 and the like!

You don't even need cards to win at this level, stick a post it note over your cards and you can still make mony by stealing blinds from tight players and playing basic ICM strategy!
MikeAK47 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:11am   #24
theonlythree
aka 3

theonlythree is on a distinguished road

Wow this thread is still archived, I googled it out of curiosity.

So I ended up leaving ~$200 on Party Poker after cashing out 3.5 years ago. Last year I played a few random sessions at NL25 and NL10 and I was down to ~$90. In September I started grinding 4NL again and I'm up to ~$200 in my BR right now.

I'm going to do the 20 buy-in rule for cash games and see how far I can take this. I got the trial version of pokertracker and it's been rather helpful so far. When it expires in November I'll re-evaluate from there and see if I want to bite the bullet and pay for the software for keeps.

I've been 3 tabling at most and I feel pretty good about the game again. It will probably take a good year or two to get back where I was (BR ~$4000) but I am feeling optimistic. See you guys around.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 4:38am   #25
Ozone
The One Who Knocks

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ozone

Way to get back in the game. PokerTracker is compulsory IMO.

"How do I become more pro? I gotta learn math?" - fuedallord
Ozone est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:50pm   #26
staphros
Wolf Game LVP

staphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant futurestaphros has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Way to get back in the game. PokerTracker is compulsory IMO.
He could also get the low stakes version of HEM for $55 if he is sticking to the lower limits.
staphros est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2011, 2:29pm   #27
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlythree View Post
I've been 3 tabling at most and I feel pretty good about the game again. It will probably take a good year or two to get back where I was (BR ~$4000) but I am feeling optimistic. See you guys around.
Welcome back.

Don't let this influence your game but please just don't break even long-term this time, rather beat or bust.