THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum

Go Back   PokerTips.org Forums > General Discussion > The Rail

Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:01pm   #531
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis of Evil View Post
I think we need a rules clarification on the use of god PM's.
oh that. yeah.

that was a move, but tj kinda squashed it.

best solution imo is to simply ban images in all their forms, and have the villager pms always read simply "villager".

incidentally re: your other argument, you definitely were top of the shop for being eaten on night 1 but i'm not sure who would realise this beyond you, me, ace. and in the case of me and ace, we're both capable of leaving a special alive. swoop was the most logical player to plug. you pretty much did everything right, with one unfortunately large exception:

on day 1, we were looking at leaving pj and boiler alive because we could no hang without losing a hanging. the difference being that if we hanged on day 1 we suffer a four man endame, if we didn't we got a three man endgame, so no hanging is preferable. you could come out at that point and say "actually guys, i'm the vig, and i only get one shot", which changes the math. now we get to kill five guys, four hangings and a vig shot, and we get a three man endgame. however, if we nohang on day 1, we only get 3 hangings and a vig shot and a four man endgame.

this, i think, is a pretty fucking big deal, but apparently nobody else noticed this.

Kc

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:05pm   #532
killcrazy
Apex Predator

killcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond reputekillcrazy has a reputation beyond repute
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
i didnt fail to do it. imo posting pms are fine screen shots are fine if with a little editing i can post a false one:
very obvious shop. i wish you had done this.

Kc
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:07pm   #533
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by killcrazy View Post
very obvious shop. i wish you had done this.

Kc

why?

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:16pm   #534
kmay06
Professional

kmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant futurekmay06 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketJokers View Post
(which ace failed to do)

i didnt fail to do it. imo posting pms are fine screen shots are fine if with a little editing i can post a false one:

There must be a linear correlation between age of the person using a computer and the number of items in the system tray.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:24pm   #535
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmay06 View Post
There must be a linear correlation between age of the person using a computer and the number of items in the system tray.

are you talking about the 430? if so the plan was to keep it at 434

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 4:36pm   #536
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[
on day 1, we were looking at leaving pj and boiler alive because we could no hang without losing a hanging. the difference being that if we hanged on day 1 we suffer a four man endame, if we didn't we got a three man endgame, so no hanging is preferable. you could come out at that point and say "actually guys, i'm the vig, and i only get one shot", which changes the math. now we get to kill five guys, four hangings and a vig shot, and we get a three man endgame. however, if we nohang on day 1, we only get 3 hangings and a vig shot and a four man endgame.

this, i think, is a pretty fucking big deal, but apparently nobody else noticed this.

Kc
I thought there might be an advantage to concealing the vig's power, perhaps to get a wolf to claim after the first shot. As far as claiming right out of the gate like your scenario suggests, I went a bit Ace and wanted to live. After taking a week to get a new game going, I'm not self-sacrificing only to wait a week for the game to conclude and then wait even longer while players take their sweet time signing up again. Call it selfish but I'm not drawing vig and then getting auto-killed because of shitty vig limitations.

Also, the reason screenshots are banned is because they fuck up the page margins. Although not quite the violation that editing is, it is still pretty goddamned annoying.
Axis of Evil est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 6:48pm   #537
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
I thought there might be an advantage to concealing the vig's power, perhaps to get a wolf to claim after the first shot.
hmm. such ideas are not without merit, but i'm not seeing a scenario where we really gain anything. for one thing the wolves are not going to spontaneously claim vig, and even if we had a wolf under pressure they're going to claim something else. the vig is the worst thing to claim because it can be immediately tested and therefore resolved.

i'm really not seeing room for you to make plays in any direction with restrictions like this to be honest.

Quote:
As far as claiming right out of the gate like your scenario suggests, I went a bit Ace and wanted to live.
fair enough. i won't belabour something you already know...of course if you had come out and guaranteed us that extra hanging, you'd be a hero. a dead hero, but then there are very few living heros.

Quote:
Also, the reason screenshots are banned is because they fuck up the page margins. Although not quite the violation that editing is, it is still pretty goddamned annoying.
i'll certainly sign up to this.

Kc
Old Oct 15, 2011, 4:49am   #538
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Axis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond reputeAxis of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

however, if we nohang on day 1, we only get 3 hangings and a vig shot and a four man endgame.

Kc
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Kc and Boiler are now linked and PJ has left the building so why let PJ live only to have to revisit him later?
are you just determined to hang someone, anyone today?

Kc
I would like to hang the best candidate, yes.
I did my best.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 6:20pm   #539
killcrazy
Apex Predator

Quote:
Quote:
I did my best.
right but the problem is that you're the only person who knows that (i) there is a vig and (ii) we have to hang on day 1 to maximise the number of hangs we get. you have to communicate that to the village somehow or the information is worthless. this was our stalingrad.

Kc
Old Oct 16, 2011, 7:38am   #540
Axis of Evil
fantasy champ

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I did my best.
right but the problem is that you're the only person who knows that (i) there is a vig and (ii) we have to hang on day 1 to maximise the number of hangs we get. you have to communicate that to the village somehow or the information is worthless. this was our stalingrad.

Kc
Hey, what do you expect from an "instant stooge?"

Your logic is rather difficult to accept so early just to watch from the sidelines. The math is solid and seems correct, but the read factor is a big part of the game. Plus the uncertainty of the other special and his strength must be considered. Believe me when I say I was torn with when to claim, but it never really dawned on me to do so right away. I really don't start calculating the math that early, but I see it matters right from the start. I certainly would have claimed well before night 2 had I not been afk at my regularly scheduled Monday night poker game. After a couple of more games I should have all of the roles down where I play them somewhat proper. I appreciate the perspective without telling me how much I suck.