THE FORUMS

German ForumsGeneral DiscussionStrategyFrench Forum
Old Nov 04, 2011, 1:51pm   #1
darryl
Still can't quit day job.

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!
Default double paired hands

Is it just me, or do double paired hands totally suck preflop? I dunno, I think they're only okay in family pots when you hit a set. But I'd much rather have a high pair and some high suits or connectors or something. Thoughts?

Sorry, this is a much more basic question than what's been posted in this forum lately. Maybe I'm just venting from a questionable decision.

-d
darryl est déconnecté   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Don't like this ad? Register to make it go away!

Old Nov 04, 2011, 8:31pm   #2
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl View Post
Is it just me, or do double paired hands totally suck preflop? I dunno, I think they're only okay in family pots when you hit a set. But I'd much rather have a high pair and some high suits or connectors or something. Thoughts?

Sorry, this is a much more basic question than what's been posted in this forum lately. Maybe I'm just venting from a questionable decision.

-d

9933 is shit

JJTT ds is the awsome

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2011, 10:42pm   #3
darryl

darryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud ofdarryl has much to be proud of
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

would you go AI pre with KsKQsQ against a fairly loose, but competent cannon? Let me rephrase that - a competent player, but you are about 60% sure he has AAXX or a four card wrap? I was about 125BB deep I potted pre, a couple calllers, he repotted which if I call, I'm essentally committing myself.

-d

Last edited by darryl; Nov 04, 2011 at 10:55pm.
Old Nov 05, 2011, 3:04am   #4
acehole_76
I found Kc...............

acehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond reputeacehole_76 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
would you go AI pre with KsKQsQ against a fairly loose, but competent cannon? Let me rephrase that - a competent player, but you are about 60% sure he has AAXX or a four card wrap? I was about 125BB deep I potted pre, a couple calllers, he repotted which if I call, I'm essentally committing myself.

-d

you are a 3:2 vs AAxx and you are racing the rest of his range 60% of the time. the otehr 40% you are ahead this is a get it all in spot. my question is what they hell does he have the other 40% of the time here. my guess is he has a 4 card connecting hand or AAxx alot more then 60%.

fucking morons every one of you. there isn't a man in this village that i wouldn't feed into an incinerator for no reason other than to get rid of them.

Kc
acehole_76 est déconnecté   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 07, 2011, 5:28am   #5
darryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by acehole_76 View Post
Quote:

-d

you are a 3:2 vs AAxx and you are racing the rest of his range 60% of the time. the otehr 40% you are ahead this is a get it all in spot. my question is what they hell does he have the other 40% of the time here. my guess is he has a 4 card connecting hand or AAxx alot more then 60%.
He's been known to push all in with far worse. It's hard to predict when, but he will gamble from time to time, so that's where I came up with him having aces or 4 card wrap 60%.

He showed AA99 two spaces, we ran it twice and I lost both. I guess it wasn't so bad. I was thinking double paired anything against aces is bad, but I guess not as bad as I thought. Still I would have much rather had KKJT or something along those lines. Weird though, it doesn't seem to affect the odds a whole lot. The suits seem to matter more. Ugg, I guess that's why I hate getting it in Preflop and would rather get it in post.

-d

Last edited by darryl; Nov 08, 2011 at 6:22pm.
Old Nov 07, 2011, 11:54pm   #6
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Hijacking thread to rephrase the question for Omaha8:

Any doublepaired hand you like outside the obvious ones like AA22?

Also:
Back when I played Omaha8 I would occasionally play any two wheel cards along with any pair (position is requred as well). It often failed but got me some spectacular scoops now and then...
Old Nov 25, 2011, 2:29pm   #7
GoldfishUltraDeluxe
Grinder

GoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really niceGoldfishUltraDeluxe is just really nice
This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile! This member received this PokerTips Exclamation Mark for one of a number of reasons: blogging, winning a contest, contributing great content, etc. Keep an eye out for chances to receive one of these by your profile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishUltraDeluxe View Post
Hijacking thread to rephrase the question for Omaha8:

Any doublepaired hand you like outside the obvious ones like AA22?

Also:
Back when I played Omaha8 I would occasionally play any two wheel cards along with any pair (position is required as well). It often failed but got me some spectacular scoops now and then...
I really need to get a new alias to get replies to such posts.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 4:01pm   #8
darryl

Change your avatar to a hot chick or something. Maybe that's why the Germans get more posts.

-d
Old Nov 29, 2011, 5:36am   #9
Red4Eva
Grinder

Red4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to beholdRed4Eva is a splendid one to behold

9933 etc great hands to 3bet. Rep aces on dry brds / flops with A (obv) with initiative and cbets. and get it in really good if you flop sets in 3b pots.

edit: obv doing this more IP
Red4Eva est déconnecté   Reply With Quote